1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [youtube]Uw6oEVpLflQ[/youtube]

Please make a timelapse of this video. Then you might realise just how big a fool you are making of yourself.
    Your honor, if it pleases the court, please have one of the gals in the back office type my notes for me--- double-space lines, Syrian Handwriting Italic size 14 font, three copies, please, staples in top 2" of left hand corner, please.

Make your own time lapse.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 19:082 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your honor, if it pleases the court, please have one of the gals in the back office type my notes for me--- double-space lines, Syrian Handwriting Italic size 14 font, three copies, please, staples in top 2" of left hand corner, please.

Make your own time lapse.
    QED

More Freaky Oopsie daisies.

Pro Tip: don't believe everything you see on YouTube. Try to use your own brain occasionally.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 19:131 edit
    I bet that when you started this thread you didn't realise that you would learn something amazing by staring at the backside of an elephant.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 19:32
    I bet that when you started this thread you didn't realise that you would learn something amazing by staring at the backside of an elephant.
    Don't sell yourself short: I don't know that I ever called you that.

But that's neither here or in another spot: the elephant doesn't rotate.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '17 20:39

You got schooled by the backside of an elephant. Live with it.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 May '17 20:58
    You got schooled by the backside of an elephant. Live with it.
    I could live with it just as readily as I am living without it.

That elephant clearly did not rotate.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '17 07:381 edit
    That elephant clearly did not rotate.
    You clearly are blinded by your delusions and cannot even see an elephant as it walks past you.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:24
    You clearly are blinded by your delusions and cannot even see an elephant as it walks past you.
    Walking past: check.
    Rotating: what are you on?

Deluded or not, you're saying you see something that simply isn't there.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '17 09:32
    Walking past: check.
    Rotating: what are you on?

Deluded or not, you're saying you see something that simply isn't there.
    I bet you cannot find another poster that cannot see it (actually I hope you can, more people to laugh at). Hence the deluded one is you.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:48
    I bet you cannot find another poster that cannot see it (actually I hope you can, more people to laugh at). Hence the deluded one is you.
    Let's review.

You don't see the earth-side of the moon rotating, although it clearly is.
    You do see the away-side of the moon rotating, although it clearly isn't.
    You do see an elephant rotating, although it clearly isn't.

You sure you're okay?
    Maybe someone around you can help you out a bit.
    I'm worried.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '17 12:26
    Let's review.

You don't see the earth-side of the moon rotating, although it clearly is.
    You do see the away-side of the moon rotating, although it clearly isn't.
    You do see an elephant rotating, although it clearly isn't.

You sure you're okay?
    I'm worried.
    Lets review:

You see a whole lot of things that nobody but you (and in some cases an anonymous nut on YouTube) sees.

Maybe you should wake up and realise that you are delusional.

As I said, see if you can find one other person in this forum willing to put their name down as seeing what you see.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '17 12:41
    Lets review:

You see a whole lot of things that nobody but you (and in some cases an anonymous nut on YouTube) sees.

Maybe you should wake up and realise that you are delusional.

As I said, see if you can find one other person in this forum willing to put their name down as seeing what you see.
    As though this forum is an arbiter of reality?
    Seriously, you're not, well, serious, are you?
    The hoops through which several of you will jump to ensure your world view stays firmly entrenched are risible.
    One person cannot see shadows which are beyond question on the clouds behind and above it, but somehow the clouds behind and above are in front and below.
    Another sees two straight lines sticking up from the horizon, but somehow that's a sailboat--- despite the witness testimony of the person who took the picture!
    Yet another posts a picture of an elephant walking past the camera and imagines some mysterious rotation which doesn't exist...
    and this isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

When challenged to the case on the merits of evidence, the three to five of you resort to insults and attacks on the person.
    It's your go-to, it's your fall-back, it's your default position.
    You cannot support your contentions (on the rare occasion any are offered), so you go with the only thing you know: declare the other person nuts.
    That's not an argument; it's a defense mechanism.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '17 13:49
    As though this forum is an arbiter of reality?
    Feel free to find several people not on this forum and ask them what they see. But don't expect me to believe you when you report the results.

Seriously, you're not, well, serious, are you?
    Quite serious. It is notable though that I never said anything along the lines of 'this forum is an arbiter of reality'.

The hoops through which several of you will jump to ensure your world view stays firmly entrenched are risible.
    Those 'hoops' being suggesting that we compare notes with other people and see which of us is seeing the pink unicorns?

One person cannot see shadows which are beyond question on the clouds behind and above it, but somehow the clouds behind and above are in front and below.

Another sees two straight lines sticking up from the horizon, but somehow that's a sailboat--- despite the witness testimony of the person who took the picture!

You've lost me. are we still talking about moons and elephants or not? It seems you are attributing to me views I have never expressed. Or are you assuming that I am in some way responsible for other peoples views?

Yet another posts a picture of an elephant walking past the camera and imagines some mysterious rotation which doesn't exist...
    You really don't think it exists? Then you should have no problem finding someone else on this forum who will confirm that. Much as it isn't an 'arbiter of reality', you surely don't think everyone here is just out to get you? You don't think there is one honest person that will give an honest opinion on the matter? Not one?

When challenged to the case on the merits of evidence, the three to five of you....
    Having trouble counting? Alcohol or drugs?

.. resort to insults and attacks on the person.
    It's your go-to, it's your fall-back, it's your default position.
    You cannot support your contentions (on the rare occasion any are offered), so you go with the only thing you know: declare the other person nuts.
    That's not an argument; it's a defense mechanism.

Just a moment ago you posted:
    You sure you're okay?
    I'm worried.

Defence mechanism perhaps?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '17 14:14

You mean there is no rotation in spite of the fact that at the beginning you see the front and at the end of the video, you see the rear of the Elephant? That =zero rotation?
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '17 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean there is no rotation in spite of the fact that at the beginning you see the front and at the end of the video, you see the rear of the Elephant? That =zero rotation?
    That is the expected path, not a rotation while on the expected path.
    Now compare that with the rotation of the moon: do we see one part and then as it passes, the opposite or back part?
    Instead, what we see is one side which rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise.
    This video of an elephant walking past does literally nothing like this at all.
    For the elephant to do anything remotely close to what the moon is shown to do, it would have had to mimic the same clockwise/counter-clockwise action while passing.
    Which it doesn't.
    For the moon to do what the elephant is doing, we would have to see one part of the moon lead with the opposite side trailing then become the predominant view.
    Which it doesn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree