Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 21 Aug '09 09:18
    MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative
    here is the link, http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/unreal-msnbc-edits-clip-of-man-with-gun-at-obama-rally-to-support-racism-narrative/

    MSNBC (owned by GE),portrayed a man, legally carrying a gun in Portsmouth, NH outside a town hall meeting, as a "white man" angry w/a black president.They edited the tape in such a way as to never see his skin color. The man was black!
    It is all over the web by CBS and others failing to mention a black man was carrying the gun(all though legal) at this "protest".
    Blatant distortion of the facts. Creating a story of white racism that was non-existent.Race baiting!
    Much bias and hatred here at RHP debates forum is given towards FOX NEWS but,They were the only ones to expose this blatant LIE.
    The General Electric Company is way into the tank w/ the Obama administration. Co-incidently GE owns MSNBC,NBC,CSNBC,etc.They do not even try to hide their bias.I admit Fox is bias towards a conservative agenda. These others are SOLD OUT, quite literally.GE has made billions and stands to make billions upon billions more off of Obama.All the while owning major news outlets in America.
    To my friends over seas looking in,the "main stream" media in America is a sold out propaganda machine for the current administration and should not not be trusted as a accurate source as to what goes on here.
    another link to view, http://www.nowpublic.com/world/msnbc-turns-black-man-gun-obama-rally-white-man
  2. 21 Aug '09 09:19
    Well that's great, if only you would also not trust right wing blogs.
  3. 21 Aug '09 09:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well that's great, if only you would also not trust right wing blogs.
    look at the links fool !
    I posted,seconds later you come back w/your ignorant ,uninformed bias comment!
    Open you mind! Open your eyes!
    I am trying to show you something here ,where you can learn!
  4. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    21 Aug '09 09:30
    It's just like earlier in the week, when Fox news finally won the court case in which they argued that it is their right to deliberately lie in their broadcasts! Hooray!
  5. 21 Aug '09 09:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    look at the links fool !
    I posted,[b]seconds
    later you come back w/your ignorant ,uninformed bias comment!
    Open you mind! Open your eyes!
    I am trying to show you something here ,where you can learn![/b]
    What are you trying to say? Do you think I trust any US mainstream media source for information?
  6. 21 Aug '09 10:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What are you trying to say? Do you think I trust any US mainstream media source for information?
    But you love Al Jazeera don't you?
  7. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    21 Aug '09 10:11
    It's really, really sad for grown ups to see the world in Manichean terms, i.e. black and white, good guys and bad guys, up and down, etc.

    All media is biased, hence all media sucks. "Left" or "Right".
  8. 21 Aug '09 12:20 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative
    here is the link, http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/unreal-msnbc-edits-clip-of-man-with-gun-at-obama-rally-to-support-racism-narrative/

    MSNBC (owned by GE),portrayed a man, legally carrying a gun in Portsmouth, NH outside a town hall meeting, as a "white man" an nk to view, http://www.nowpublic.com/world/msnbc-turns-black-man-gun-obama-rally-white-man[/b]
    Keith Olbermann has been doing his Countdown show on MSNBC since 2003, so it wasn't like MSNBC suddenly became "liberal" just because Obama was about to become president.

    Now you do mention that GE stands to make billions and billions (my apologies to Carl Sagan) -- perhaps because "liberal spin" is a great way for media outlets to make lots of money? The media isn't some socialist gummint operation -- it's free market capitalism and if "liberalism" sells, then it must be what the people want.

    Now the people also seem to want non-stop music from the Jonas Brothers, so that doesn't mean that "what sells" is "what's best" -- conservatism also "sells" (especially on radio). But the swill (be if left wing or right wing) that dominates most media offerings is a good example of some of the limitations of the free market system.
  9. 21 Aug '09 15:00
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative
    here is the link, http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/unreal-msnbc-edits-clip-of-man-with-gun-at-obama-rally-to-support-racism-narrative/

    MSNBC (owned by GE),portrayed a man, legally carrying a gun in Portsmouth, NH outside a town hall meeting, as a "white man" an ...[text shortened]... nk to view, http://www.nowpublic.com/world/msnbc-turns-black-man-gun-obama-rally-white-man[/b]
    I don't see it as an issue of what mainstream media is trustworthy. It confirms in my mind that Obama was chosen by the elitists because of the color of his skin. Anyone disagreeing with him will be considered racist. The mainstream media has been trying for a long time now to demonize the militia and lump the average firearms owner in with them. In other words if you have a firearm you must be a Timothy Mcviegh. Now there was a good example of Government setting somebody up for a fall. Now though, a person that has a firearm must be a racist too. The issue isn't right wing left wing at all. It is an attempt to neuter the american people and divide and conquer.
  10. 21 Aug '09 15:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I don't see it as an issue of what mainstream media is trustworthy. It confirms in my mind that Obama was chosen by the elitists because of the color of his skin. Anyone disagreeing with him will be considered racist. The mainstream media has been trying for a long time now to demonize the militia and lump the average firearms owner in with them. In other wing left wing at all. It is an attempt to neuter the american people and divide and conquer.
    The mainstream media is in the business of making money - like any other company. For whatever reason, within the mainstream media, the "liberal spin" is helping them sell newspapers and bring in the viewers. K-ching K-ching.

    But I don't see the media being motivated all that much by "liberalism" -- they're much more focused on "sensationalism" -- taking a given story and playing up whatever conflicts are going on. For example, the idea of people taking guns to town hall meetings - you could play it down as just something that gun-owners do all the time - or you could play it up as something potentially sinister. It's obvious which approach will attract more viewers. Likewise, if a few people start shouting at a town-hall meeting, the media could play it down and focus on the mostly civil discussions - or it could play it up and make it sound like an insurrection. Again, it's obvious what attracts the most viewers.

    So maybe the media (including the right-wing flavors) is trying to "neuter the people" and "divide and conquer" -- by getting everyone focusing on superficial tabloid junk-news, which people will spend lots of money consuming - and the media companies will make huge profits.
  11. 21 Aug '09 15:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    The mainstream media is in the business of making money - like any other company. For whatever reason, within the mainstream media, the "liberal spin" is helping them sell newspapers and bring in the viewers. K-ching K-ching.

    But I don't see the media being motivated all that much by "liberalism" -- they're much more focused on "sensationalism" -- taki ll spend lots of money consuming - and the media companies will make huge profits.
    Money is one hellova motivational force. Regardless of the cause of the spin, I know a lot of people that have quit watching the news because of it. Mainstream media is not much better than tabloids for information about the world around us.
  12. 21 Aug '09 15:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]MSNBC edits clip of man with gun at Obama rally to support racism narrative
    here is the link, http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/19/unreal-msnbc-edits-clip-of-man-with-gun-at-obama-rally-to-support-racism-narrative/

    MSNBC (owned by GE),portrayed a man, legally carrying a gun in Portsmouth, NH outside a town hall meeting, as a "white man" an nk to view, http://www.nowpublic.com/world/msnbc-turns-black-man-gun-obama-rally-white-man[/b]
    I experienced something similar. I attended a local tea party and the local paper said that about 300 showed up. I was there and I could easily count thousands without even trying and the local police counted about 10,000 in attendance. I tell you what, it wakes you up and makes you question media outlets you once thought to be benign in terms of twisting the truth. Now if only I had a gun and went to the tea party, then perhaps we would get some media attention around here!! Either that or carry a sign that calls Obama and Congress a bunch of Nazis. These type of protesters are all that the media is interested in covering when it comes to the movement at hand.

    I think that the thing most telling are all the big business alliances with government. To me, they are one and the same. As for small businesses, which employ about 2/3 of people every year, and the average Joe, they will all be left out in the cold when it comes to things like NHC and such.
  13. 21 Aug '09 15:28
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Money is one hellova motivational force. Regardless of the cause of the spin, I know a lot of people that have quit watching the news because of it. Mainstream media is not much better than tabloids for information about the world around us.
    But if you want to know what's going on, you need the media.

    As a rule of thumb, I tend to consider that nothing is ever as good or as bad as the media claims it to be - and things are usually a LOT more complicated than a simple new story or pundit article makes it seem. The best programs are those where people with a variety of opposing views are allowed to openly discuss important issues (without turning into a crossfire-style screaming match). MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program is a model.
  14. 21 Aug '09 15:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    I experienced something similar. I attended a local tea party and the local paper said that about 300 showed up. I was there and I could easily count thousands without even trying and the local police counted about 10,000 in attendance. I tell you what, it wakes you up and makes you question media outlets you once thought to be benign in terms of twisting ...[text shortened]... otesters are all that the media is interested in covering when it comes to the movement at hand.
    That just proves that there is more to what is being reported than spinning the issue for ratings. Why would saying there are less people attending the tea parties make media have higher ratings? It is a deep rooted and ugly game plan by the people that own the media.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Aug '09 15:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Keith Olbermann has been doing his Countdown show on MSNBC since 2003, so it wasn't like MSNBC suddenly became "liberal" just because Obama was about to become president.
    If Keith Olbermann does a show in a forest and nobody listens, does he still make an annoying sound?

    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/06/obama-administration-boosts-oreilly-factor-tv-ratings/12326