Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Aug '18 19:17
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.

    What say you?
  2. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Aug '18 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.
    What say you?
    "Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?"
    --Whodey

    No. Women may have 'valid opinions' on male circumcision too.

    A woman's opinion about her own uterus is more important than everyone else's opinion about it.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    21 Aug '18 19:32
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.

    What say you?
    No.

    A functioning brain, however, is a requirement. And this then creates an issue, Whodey.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Aug '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?"
    --Whodey

    No. Women may have 'valid opinions' on male circumcision too.

    A woman's opinion about her own uterus is more important than everyone else's opinion about it.
    But SCOTUS decides everything for everyone.

    So considering this, should only women be deciding court rulings like Roe vs. Wade?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Aug '18 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    No.

    A functioning brain, however, is a requirement. And this then creates an issue, Whodey.
    The woman I was talking to was a Leftist feminist and said that I had no right to comment on abortion because I was a male, thus attempting to silence me.

    I reckon since Facebook or Youtube could not censor my speech at the time, she would do it for me.

    Are you saying then that she was an idiot or did she have a point?
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    21 Aug '18 20:23
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The woman I was talking to was a Leftist feminist and said that I had no right to comment on abortion because I was a male, thus attempting to silence me.

    I reckon since Facebook or Youtube could not censor my speech at the time, she would do it for me.

    Are you saying then that she was an idiot or did she have a point?
    What qualifications do you have that you believe entitle you to make binding decisions on her uterus?
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56379
    21 Aug '18 21:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.

    What say you?
    No, you can have a valid opinion about it without a uterus.

    What you can’t do is tell a woman what she can or cannot do to her own body and everything internally attached to it.

    Her body, her choice.
    You can have your valid opinion though, no worries.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56379
    21 Aug '18 21:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The woman I was talking to was a Leftist feminist and said that I had no right to comment on abortion because I was a male, thus attempting to silence me.

    I reckon since Facebook or Youtube could not censor my speech at the time, she would do it for me.

    Are you saying then that she was an idiot or did she have a point?
    No, she doesn’t have a valid point.
    But, ironically, you are still a bloody idiot.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    21 Aug '18 21:04
    Is it right for someone who has a Siamese Twin to kill their twin? "My body my choice" right?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    21 Aug '18 21:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The woman I was talking to was a Leftist feminist and said that I had no right to comment on abortion because I was a male, thus attempting to silence me.

    I reckon since Facebook or Youtube could not censor my speech at the time, she would do it for me.

    Are you saying then that she was an idiot or did she have a point?
    She was an idiot.

    Any more questions?
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Aug '18 21:12
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Is it right for someone who has a Siamese Twin to kill their twin? "My body my choice" right?
    Conjoined twins typically share some vital organs with each other.
    Their bodies lack normal physical distinctiveness from each other.
  12. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    21 Aug '18 21:14
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.

    What say you?
    I don't know what's necessary for you to have a valid opinion on abortion, but my guess is a uterus won't help.
  13. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Aug '18 21:19
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra to Whodey
    I don't know what's necessary for you to have a valid opinion on abortion, but my guess is a uterus won't help.
    I suspect that Whodey would benefit more from the transplant of something other than a uterus.
  14. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    21 Aug '18 22:091 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Must one have a uterus to have a valid opinion on abortion?

    I ask this because I encountered someone who threw this at me the other day.

    What say you?
    Since the vast majority of lawmakers and judges deciding abortion issues are men, your question seems rather silly. 😞
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    22 Aug '18 00:07
    Originally posted by @whodey
    But SCOTUS decides everything for everyone.

    So considering this, should only women be deciding court rulings like Roe vs. Wade?
    How about the idea that men want to control every aspect of the lives of women including reproduction? Do you deny that is an issue? Why do you think Roe V Wade made it through SCOTUS? It was an invective to men who want to control every aspect of the lives of women.
    The person who has the say about her body is the woman, not ANY man.
    Tough titty if you disagree.
Back to Top