1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 13:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It could have been fired by a surface ship or off of one of those islands. The position is not certain yet.
    I saw the video and it appeared as though it came from the water. Of course, if there is land in that region I'm sure there would be residual evidence for the launch. My guess is that there is not. My guess is that it was intentional. Perhaps the Chinese, for example, don't like the fact that the US is devaluing its dollar and want to make that clear. Who knows? All I know is that launches like that don't happen by accident, if you know what I mean.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 04:12
    what looked like a missile launch 35 miles off the coast of Los Angeles was actually the contrail of a jet that stretched 300 miles into the distance

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101110/od_yblog_upshot/experts-think-that-california-mystery-missile-was-merely-a-plane
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 04:202 edits
    what looked like a missile launch 35 miles off the coast of Los Angeles was actually the contrail of a jet that stretched 300 miles into the distance

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101110/od_yblog_upshot/experts-think-that-california-mystery-missile-was-merely-a-plane
    I heard that same lame response too. That was no jet. Clearly a missile. A cover up.
    Our own I am sure but still a cover up for some unknown reason.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 06:07
    If this is a missile, then the radar (NORAD=) should have spotted it. It didn't, therefore the defence system of USA is wide open? I don't think so.

If this is a missile *and* the radar spotted it, then the defence administration shold have said so. Else they are not to be trusted. What does the President say? Nothing? Then neither he, nor anyone in the White House and the Senate can be trusted. USA is in chaos? I don't think so.

I think that the press hausses this up to sell more copies. American people have seen too many hollywod movies and are easy to believe the missile story.

Relax. Just relax.

Yes, I saw the first footage, and didn't see anything that can be interpreted solely as a missile. A airliner or any other aircraft, even a bolide, can give this pictures with an optical perspective in mind. What you see is not always what you think it is.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 04:09

"Note to the media ? since this was almost certainly Flight AWE808 from Hawaii to Phoenix, why not have a camera crew somewhere in the vicinity (does not need to be exact, or a chopper), at around 5-5:30 today (or rather, on Friday, as there was no flight on Wednesday or Thursday ? check the schedule for AWE808 first), and if the weather is right you?ll see the same trail again. (or check the web cam)
    Note to everyone else ? If you have photos of the Nov 8 contrail from any angle, please email them to uncinus@gmail.com"

http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/7-3057.aspx
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 19:49
    Probably a submarine launched ICBM. Probably American. Probably. Or maybe LCS module of some kind...

Isn't red a lucky color in China?

😕

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/11/09/131187504/-mystery-missile-launch-leaves-california-scratching-its-head?sc=tw&cc=share

EDIT

David B (valleyswede) wrote:

From SF Chronicle post ...[text shortened]... /09/131187504/-mystery-missile-launch-leaves-california-scratching-its-head?sc=tw&cc=share
    this test window starts Nov. 09, but the mystery missile was sighted Nov. 08.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 19:50
    photos and maps

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1328155/Pentagon-says-mystery-missile-California-aircraft.html
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 19:51
    i think the aliens are trying to get out early. they were perusing google news and noticed a new telescope designed to detect small objects (asteroids) has just gone online. better to get out before they're spotted.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 19:51
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    this test window starts Nov. 09, but the mystery missile was sighted Nov. 08.
    Zulu time is 8 hours different, which puts this alert prior to the launch.
  10. silicon valley
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:001 edit
    Zulu time is 8 hours different, which puts this alert prior to the launch.
    WIndow starts at 09 NOV 20:00 2010 Z = 09 NOV 13:00 2010 PST, not anywhere close to Nov 08.

edit: PST
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:15
    OK
  12. Germany
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 20:15
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I heard that same lame response too. That was no jet. Clearly a missile. A cover up.
    Yep. And they faked the moon landing.
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 15:17
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    out of interest do you see all UFO sightings as cover ups too?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree