1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 00:02
    Nancy Pelosi has decided to protest any possible pay cut that congress might recieve. I don't care which party one belongs to, this makes my blood boil! Congress members make 6 figures a year, gets 6-10 weeks off every year (or more!), accomplish next to nothing, and now protests a possible pay cut while millions of hard working Americans struggle to find jobs??? I say throw her out, and any other member who protests these possible cuts! GRRRR!

http://www.inquisitr.com/525884/nancy-pelosi-protests-sequesters-congress-pay-cut/:😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 00:281 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Nancy Pelosi has decided to protest any possible pay cut that congress might recieve. I don't care which party one belongs to, this makes my blood boil! Congress members make 6 figures a year, gets 6-10 weeks off every year (or more!), accomplish next to nothing, and now protests a possible pay cut while millions of hard working Americans struggle to find jo ...[text shortened]... tp://www.inquisitr.com/525884/nancy-pelosi-protests-sequesters-congress-pay-cut/:😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
    ^That. Especially when service members, who risk their lives and do not eat taxpayer-funded, $500-an-ounce Beluga caviar, are getting what amounts to a 1.5% pay cut.

I'm going to build a list of Members of Congress and Senators we can get behind. It shouldn't take long.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 04:16
    Nancy Pelosi has decided to protest any possible pay cut that congress might recieve. I don't care which party one belongs to, this makes my blood boil! Congress members make 6 figures a year, gets 6-10 weeks off every year (or more!), accomplish next to nothing, and now protests a possible pay cut while millions of hard working Americans struggle to find jo ...[text shortened]... tp://www.inquisitr.com/525884/nancy-pelosi-protests-sequesters-congress-pay-cut/:😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
    This suprises you?
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    This suprises you?
    Today I'm calling him a patriot. Political differences don't matter. His personality, like mine, gets in the way sometimes. But he called it straight.

EDIT: Bill718 and I have mixed it up a few times, but philosophically, he's pretty much played it straight.

Well done, Bill.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 06:20
    One syllable words seem to be needed here, but they are not always available.

She was speaking for her employees and other federal employees.

WASHINGTON — Speaking out against the sequester, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said she does not support pay cuts for congressional offices.

"Pelosi was asked if she would take a pay cut if the budgets for her congressional offices are reduced as a result of the sequester.

“Why should people who work on Capitol Hill pay that price and be treated as members of Congress are? It’s a hard question to ask me because — most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families; a pay cut to me doesn’t mean as much,” said Pelosi on Thursday at the Capitol."

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/14/pelosi-no-pay-cuts-for-federal-employees-video/

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/14/pelosi-no-pay-cuts-for-federal-employees-video/#ixzz2L2YDLa3V
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 08:25
    Originally posted by JS357

WASHINGTON — Speaking out against the sequester, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said she does not support pay cuts for congressional offices.

"Pelosi was asked if she would take a pay cut if the budgets for ...[text shortened]... ttp://dailycaller.com/2013/02/14/pelosi-no-pay-cuts-for-federal-employees-video/#ixzz2L2YDLa3V
    You can split hairs on the details of this all you want. The fact remains government employees (from the President on down) work for us....NOT the other way around. To protest a possible pay cut that hasn't even happened yet in these economic times is un thinkable to me, when so many people still struggle to find a job in these economic times. This snobbish sense of entitlement has to end!
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 08:26
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Today I'm calling him a patriot. Political differences don't matter. His personality, like mine, gets in the way sometimes. But he called it straight.

EDIT: Bill718 and I have mixed it up a few times, but philosophically, he's pretty much played it straight.

Well done, Bill.
    Thank You 🙂
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 13:381 edit
    You can split hairs on the details of this all you want. The fact remains government employees (from the President on down) work for us....NOT the other way around. To protest a possible pay cut that hasn't even happened yet in these economic times is un thinkable to me, when so many people still struggle to find a job in these economic times. This snobbish sense of entitlement has to end!
    Your OP was blatantly misleading. Pointing that out isn't "splitting hairs."

She spoke out against across the board cuts for ALL federal employees, most of which (in her words) aren't doing nearly as well as members of Congress.

BTW, I'm a federal employee and I do NOT work for you. The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 14:11
    I think you are approaching this little incident with a bias.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:48
    I think you are approaching this little incident with a bias.
    Only those on the left are able to leave their bias in check.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:51
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

She spoke out against across the board cuts for ALL federal employees, most of which (in her words) aren't doing nearly as well as members of Congress.

BTW, I'm a federal employee and I do NOT work for you. The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that.
    No truer words have been spoken. Federal employees do not work for taxpayers whatsoever. Just because we fund their income in no way means that they work for us. After all, we owe all government workers a living. We work for people like yourself.

No wonder you are such a partisan shill.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 00:31

"Pelosi was asked if she would take a pay cut if the budgets for ...[text shortened]... ttp://dailycaller.com/2013/02/14/pelosi-no-pay-cuts-for-federal-employees-video/#ixzz2L2YDLa3V
    If Ms. Pelosi wants to keep staff pay at current levels, there is the option of laying people off, no?
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 00:34

"The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that."

Until sequestration happens, and your tour ends unceremoniously shortened. You don't work directly for any of us, but tax dollars pay you, so ultimately better give the people who provide your livelihood some respect.
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 00:55
    Originally posted by sasquatch672

Well done, Bill.
    Agreed.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 01:06

He is speaking of ELECTECTED politicians. NOT volunteer Army personal.
    And yes, bill718 is correct in saying she is there to work for the citizens. Not to get filthy rich .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree