1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 10:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    No truer words have been spoken. Federal employees do not work for taxpayers whatsoever. Just because we fund their income in no way means that they work for us. After all, we owe all government workers a living. We work for people like yourself.

No wonder you are such a partisan shill.
    I never said nor implied that you OWE me a living. I simply work for a living. Nothing more, nothing less.

You and I are both ideological partisans, whody. The only difference is I'm actually honest about it.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 10:57
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    BTW, I'm a federal employee and I do NOT work for you. The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that.

He is speaking of ELECTECTED politicians. NOT volunteer Army personal.
    And yes, bill718 is correct in saying she is there to work for the citizens. Not to get filthy rich .
    WRONG.

It was pointed out to him that Pelosi was specifically referring to federal employees who are NOT elected officials, to which he replied, "The fact remains government employees (from the President on down) work for us....NOT the other way around."
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 11:07
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that."

Until sequestration happens, and your tour ends unceremoniously shortened. You don't work directly for any of us, but tax dollars pay you, so ultimately better give the people who provide your livelihood some respect.
    "so ultimately better give the people who provide your livelihood some respect

What the hell does that even mean? No single person wholly represents "the people" and I sure as hell don't have to treat anyone special simply because I'm a federal employee.

And guess what. I pay taxes as well.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 11:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "The fact that I can tell you what a POS you are to your silly little face and you still can't fire me proves that."

Until sequestration happens, and your tour ends unceremoniously shortened. You don't work directly for any of us, but tax dollars pay you, so ultimately better give the people who provide your livelihood some respect.
    People working in the private sector don't "provide" for people in the public sector. People who work doing something useful provide added value, regardless of the bureaucratic details. I thought we went over this in detail already, but your memory appears particularly leaky when it comes to these sort of issues.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 20:48
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I never said nor implied that you OWE me a living. I simply work for a living. Nothing more, nothing less.

You and I are both ideological partisans, whody. The only difference is I'm actually honest about it.
    Really?

I see no hope in the GOP of seriously addressing the deficit spending, illegal immigration, the ever expanding size of government or the continued military involvement overseas. How am I partisan?
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 21:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really?

I see no hope in the GOP of seriously addressing the deficit spending, illegal immigration, the ever expanding size of government or the continued military involvement overseas. How am I partisan?
    Just as I see no hope of the Democratic party seriously addressing capital punishment or the legalization of marijuana. I guess I'm not a partisan either.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 13:20
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Just as I see no hope of the Democratic party seriously addressing capital punishment or the legalization of marijuana. I guess I'm not a partisan either.
    Not a partisan but maybe a bleeding heart drug addict?
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 14:56
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Not a partisan but maybe a bleeding heart drug addict?
    Yet, another idiotic and illogical comment from you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree