1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 18:21
    Okay, first locals are told (a week after the event) to bag their clothes (in Salisbury) if concerned about contamination from 'Russian' nerve agent, and then to 'dry clean' them. And now they are told to 'destroy them.'

What will the advice be next week, to cast them into the fires of Mordor?!
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 18:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 18:472 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Okay, first locals are told (a week after the event) to bag their clothes (in Salisbury) if concerned about contamination from 'Russian' nerve agent, and then to 'dry clean' them. And now they are told to 'destroy them.'

Yes, that does seem pretty inconsistent. I would point out however few sets of clothes is small potatoes compared to telling legions of mentally challenged folks that America is going to "build a great big beautiful wall, and MEXICO is going to pay for it" then turning around and sticking the American taxpayer for it. When it comes to mistakes, the British government is minor league compared to the US of A. 😞
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 19:21
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Yes, that does seem pretty inconsistent. I would point out however few sets of clothes is small potatoes compared to telling legions of mentally challenged folks that America is going to "build a great big beautiful wall, and MEXICO is going to pay for it" then turning around and sticking the American taxpayer for it. When it comes to mistakes, the British government is minor league compared to the US of A. 😞
    The wall serves no purpose other than to be a political project.

It is the completion of a promise kept to the gullibles that got the current administration into office.

The Donald keeps his promises.
    Didn't you know that ??
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 21:04

Take a bath, eat cucumber sandwiches and wash them down with liberal amounts of Irish stout.

It won't protect you from novichok, but you'll feel better.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Mar '18 23:426 edits

I believe you meant the fires of Mount Doom. I mean... are you even a nerd?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 01:09
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    He prolly gets his nerdcred from TBBT, right?!?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 08:57
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    I didn't want to go 'full-nerd' on you, although technically Mount Doom is in the land of Mordor, so my statement maintains its integrity. (Technically).

"But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made: in the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom." (Movie quote).
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 20:33
    Send 007

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree