1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 20:05
    Netflix subscription cancellations skyrocket after ‘Cuties’ backlash - NYPost

“Cuties” turned out to be ugly for Netflix.

The streaming service has watched subscription cancellations skyrocket by 800% after the French coming-of-age film triggered a boycott in early September, analyses show. Within two days of the movie’s premiere, #CancelNetflix became the top trending topic on Twitter and a petition on Change.org garnered hundreds of thousands of signatures.

-----------

It's not the meaningless complaints that some posters think that it is.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/netflix-subscription-cancellations-skyrocket-after-cuties-backlash/
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 20:43
    @earl-of-trumps said

[i]“Cuties” turned out to be ugly for Netflix.

The streaming service has watched subscription cancellations skyrocket by 800% after the French coming-of-age film triggered a boycott in early September, analyses show. Within two days of the movie’s premiere, #CancelNetflix became ...[text shortened]...

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/netflix-subscription-cancellations-skyrocket-after-cuties-backlash/
    That’s the way to do it, vote with your wallet, the only true democracy left.
    I love my Netflix subscription, given what my Sky and Amazon subs get me, it’s the best value I get all month.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 20:55
    I still use Netflix.
    People who cancelled their sub will eventually come back.
    NetFlix has too many good shows to stay away forever.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 21:131 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said

[i]“Cuties” turned out to be ugly for Netflix.

The streaming service has watched subscription cancellations skyrocket by 800% after the French coming-of-age film triggered a boycott in early September, analyses show. Within two days of the movie’s premiere, #CancelNetflix became ...[text shortened]...

LMAO! The article is pretty elusive in giving a number of subscribers that actually cancelled but it admits Netflix added 2.2 million subscribers in the quarter and now has 195 million world wide.

The Post is a pathetic right wing propaganda rag.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Oct '20 22:02
    And the people who have objections about that film all support Guiliani....
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '20 04:44
    Giuliani is the skydiver whose parachute never opens.
    Keep sending him up !! 😆

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree