1. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 09:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    One would feel that the GOP really needs to make this a two-man race quickly if they want to prevent a Trump candidacy and a landslide Democratic victory.
    Yes, its an interesting situation. The Republicans have spent the Obama years perfecting a culture of anti-everything and now their own members are voting for the anti-everything candidate in their own party which will effectively destroy their chances of winning.
    You can run a campaign solely on criticizing the incumbent while having no real polities or solutions yourself, but the strategy fails miserably when it comes to selecting a candidate internally to run against the incumbent. You end up with a candidate who excels at criticising everyone else whilst having no actual substance himself. You end up with the worst possible candidate.
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 15:50
    I so hope Trump is the next US president.
    It's a misanthrope's wet dream.

I'll need to buy nappies (that's diapers to you yanks) I'll be laughing so hard.

I mean, he makes people like Raygun, Bush and Cheney sound like rational human beings!
    I'm just hoping that he believes he's the chosen one and that a UFO is going to cart him off after his 3rd presidency.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 16:30
    The night went about as well for Rubio as he could have hoped. He lost by 10, but he was down by more than 10 in the polls and his edging out Cruz for second place was a big symbolic victory. With Jeb's dropping out, Rubio can be expected to gain the largest percentage of his votes. Plus, late deciders broke heavily for Rubio.

These sorts of moral victories only help to a point, though. He's got to actually win some states on Super Tuesday or all the moral victories in the world are not going to save him. I don't think there's much doubt though now that it's a two horse race. Cruz might hang tough for a while, but he's not winning the nomination.

On the Dem side, I do admire Sanders for hanging tough, but it's becoming harder and harder to see his path to the nomination actually materialize. I'd still peg his odds of winning the nomination at about 1 in 10.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 Feb '16 17:39
    Originally posted by sh76
    The night went about as well for Rubio as he could have hoped. He lost by 10, but he was down by more than 10 in the polls and his edging out Cruz for second place was a big symbolic victory. With Jeb's dropping out, Rubio can be expected to gain the largest percentage of his votes. Plus, late deciders broke heavily for Rubio.

These sorts of moral victories ...[text shortened]... ination actually materialize. I'd still peg his odds of winning the nomination at about 1 in 10.
    2nd places for either Cruz or Rubio don't mean much. If neither starts actually winning, it looks like Trump ends up the nominee.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree