1. RSA
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 19:08
    California better not break up; it's my plan b if South Africa falls to pieces. Plus, who doesn't like California?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 19:231 edit
    God.

It's sinking into the ocean with constant earthquakes and is either on continual fire or its one big mud slide.

Looks like Harvey Weinerstein and company done pissed him off.

Enjoy.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 19:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    If that was the case then Alaska and Texas MUST be also ungovernable so they should be sliced apart also.
    Alaska? Huh? I didn't say land mass were the ONLY factor. Population, in fact, is a much bigger factor.

As for Texas, we've already heard rumblings about it splitting into multiple states. If that's what their people want, let them do it.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 19:57
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    California better not break up; it's my plan b if South Africa falls to pieces. Plus, who doesn't like California?
    I think the New California plan would help all Californians.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Alaska? Huh? I didn't say land mass were the ONLY factor. Population, in fact, is a much bigger factor.

As for Texas, we've already heard rumblings about it splitting into multiple states. If that's what their people want, let them do it.
    But those in centralized power will never let it happen.

Why would they give up that power?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 20:03
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "Why not let them have their state and let them run things they way they want?

Let the Blue states be blue and the red states be red. Why force either to be purple cuz that never will happen."

The US southern states would like an answer to that also.
    Your optimism is unwarranted.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 22:54
    If California becomes six States it will have twelve Senators...
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 22:58
    There's something to the idea that California is too big to be governed as a state. It's country-sized in land area, population and economy. It also has some wild constitutional rules that require a referendum for many types of tax hikes and an unmanageable proposition process, which has led, ironically, to many hyper-conservative propositions passing (includi ...[text shortened]... into a bunch of medium-sized states would make sense for everyone in the state in the long run.
    Obviously this is intended to give the Republicans an advantage in national politics. It's not about what's good for CA.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 23:001 edit

That's why the centers of Alaskan population should be different states from the rest of Alaska. Right? And the City of New York should be a different state then the rest of New York.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 23:14
    Maybe if we ever get that Article V Convention whodey is always raving about, we could redraw all the States - combining low population ones and breaking up large population ones - to get a more democratic system.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 23:16
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Maybe if we ever get that Article V Convention whodey is always raving about, we could redraw all the States - combining low population ones and breaking up large population ones - to get a more democratic system.
    Anarchist. 😠
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 04:43
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    Alt right, gun toting, freedom splaining, article 4 thumping purists.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 06:09
    Just got back from California.

I don’t know what this whole new-Cal debate is about, but someone needs to get those bloody motorways repaved. It’s like driving around downtown bloody Damascus.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 13:57
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    That's why the centers of Alaskan population should be different states from the rest of Alaska. Right? And the City of New York should be a different state then the rest of New York.
    No need.

Alaska is clearly governable (even by Sarah Palin).

NY is close to as dysfunctional as California, but not quite as bad... yet.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 15:53
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Old, rotten wine in new skins. But hey, whatever keeps the right-wing commentariat happy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree