New Report Indicates Microsoft Will Force Upgrade to a New Version of Windows Employing a “Ransomware-Like” Method Windows

New Report Indicates Microsoft Will Force Upgrade to a New Version of Windows Employing a “Ransomware-Like” Method Windows

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 17

New Report Indicates Microsoft Will Force Upgrade to a New Version of Windows Employing a “Ransomware-Like” Method
Windows

https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/new-report-indicates-microsoft-will-force-upgrade-to-a-new-version-of-windows-employing-a-ransomware-like-method/58809

Anyone hear of this?

rc

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by checkbaiter
New Report Indicates Microsoft Will Force Upgrade to a New Version of Windows Employing a “Ransomware-Like” Method
Windows

https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/new-report-indicates-microsoft-will-force-upgrade-to-a-new-version-of-windows-employing-a-ransomware-like-method/58809

Anyone hear of this?
No I use Linux, Windows is so 1992.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No I use Linux, Windows is so 1992.
Well, I hope it's a joke..

rc

Moves
05 Apr 17
3 edits

Well, I hope it's a joke..
why? All its gonna do is give Microsoft root. In the most popular versions of Linux Canonical has root. In mobile devices like android google has root and in iphones Apple has root. If you want to get root yourself you need to jailbreak them. If you are a Windows user I wouldn't worry about it.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 17

Anyone hear of this?
April first was a few days ago. I suggest you be a bit more skeptical of anything you read for the next few weeks. Then remain skeptical from there on.
Note that being skeptical doesn't mean denying everything, it means using your brain in conjunction with reading.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
April first was a few days ago. I suggest you be a bit more skeptical of anything you read for the next few weeks. Then remain skeptical from there on.
Note that being skeptical doesn't mean denying everything, it means using your brain in conjunction with reading.
I read the comments too, no reason for sarcasm.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why? All its gonna do is give Microsoft root. In the most popular versions of Linux Canonical has root. In mobile devices like android google has root and in iphones Apple has root. If you want to get root yourself you need to jailbreak them. If you are a Windows user I wouldn't worry about it.
I still use windows 8.1, didn't like 10

rc

Moves
05 Apr 17

I still use windows 8.1, didn't like 10
I have windows ten on a laptop, it keeps sending me pictures of beautiful places that I am never likely to visit. Must be made for elites that have nothing better to do than travel around.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 17

I read the comments too, no reason for sarcasm.
It was serious advice.

rain

Moves
05 Apr 17