New Zealand bans automatic weapons

New Zealand bans automatic weapons

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
27 Mar 19

Or hunt. When s*it really hits the fan you definitely need one to survive. Lotta bad actors gonna want what YOU have.

k

Moves
27 Mar 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think they are called NUKES

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 19

@wajoma said
I would not punish people that had nothing to do with it.

The police were warned a number of times about the gun club this nutcase belonged to. The existing NZ gun laws were sufficient to prevent the shooter being in possession of these weapons, but they were not acted on.

Do not blame innocent people, do not punish innocent people, do not paint all gun owners with the same brush, how many times do we hear that exact thing about muzzies.
Who's punishing innocent people?

I mean besides the shooter.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Mar 19

@kquinn909 said
Or hunt. When s*it really hits the fan you definitely need one to survive. Lotta bad actors gonna want what YOU have.
Actors?

You think these people are in a movie?

w

Moves
27 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Actors?

You think these people are in a movie?
I personally think Putin is behind this.

Sure, get rid of the automatic weapons and then invade!

I wonder if he got Trump to instigate this gun ban.,

D

Moves
27 Mar 19
1 edit

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Mar 19

@whodey said
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/three-dead-in-crash-between-car-and-truck-6252934?variant=tb_v_3

Car fatality in New Zealand?

Why not ban cars?
Do a cost benefit analysis on gun ownership and car ownership.

See the difference?

Z

Moves
28 Mar 19
1 edit

My intent in making this thread was to show, again, that enacting gun control laws is not impossible. That if you have politicians that have the interest of their constituents in mind, this issue can be done in a week.

You need to stop debating the right wingers whether gun control works or not. You won't go anywhere with that. Like climate change, you waste time debating the issue when the issue has been settled already and you should have moved to the how already.

The only way to get anything done is to make taking NRA money a political suicide. To absolutely refuse to cast a vote for anyone bought by the NRA.

The US wants gun control. Even conservative americans want gun control. You are just flooded by NRA propaganda that makes it look the country is divided. It is not, not on this issue.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
28 Mar 19

@zahlanzi said
My intent in making this thread was to show, again, that enacting gun control laws is not impossible. That if you have politicians that have the interest of their constituents in mind, this issue can be done in a week.

You need to stop debating the right wingers whether gun control works or not. You won't go anywhere with that. Like climate change, you waste time debati ...[text shortened]... t flooded by NRA propaganda that makes it look the country is divided. It is not, not on this issue.
That the pollies need to prey on the suffering of the victims in this to ram through knee jerk legislation proves the opposite of what you're saying here zahlooney. If anything it proves the vile nature of the control freaks that before people have even been buried they need to rush this through because it can't stand the spot light of reasonable debate. (remember reasonable debate is not left whinger hack tv comedians and cracked magazine - your favourite sauces)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Mar 19

@wajoma said
That the pollies need to prey on the suffering of the victims in this to ram through knee jerk legislation proves the opposite of what you're saying here zahlooney. If anything it proves the vile nature of the control freaks that before people have even been buried they need to rush this through because it can't stand the spot light of reasonable debate. (remember reasonable debate is not left whinger hack tv comedians and cracked magazine - your favourite sauces)
Stop your whining and answer one question.

How many people have to die before something is done?

How many?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
29 Mar 19

@suzianne said
Stop your whining and answer one question.

How many people have to die before something is done?

How many?
546 325