Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 17 Nov '09 05:17 / 5 edits
    Nov 15, 2009
    Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan.
    Maj Nidal Hasan was an advisor to Obama’s Homeland Security team.. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.
    http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf




    We may now have a little insight as to why President Obama cautioned Americans from jumping to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.



    How much more is going to come out on this president. Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.

    This murdering Muslim Terrorist who killed and wounded the soldiers and civilians at Ft Hood, Texas was an advisor to Obama’s Homeland Security team. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute

    I wonder how many more skeletons there are to come out of the closet. Who else is there in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 06:02
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Nov 15, 2009
    Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan.
    Maj Nidal Hasan was an advisor to Obama’s Homeland Security team.. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.
    http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf




    We may now have a little ins ...[text shortened]... ere in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?
    So... why did President Obama caution Americans against jumping to conclusions about Nidal Hasan?

    Your OP does not provide any particular insight. Judging from your tone, you reckon you've got a bit of a "Gotcha!" on your hands here. But you'll need to explain.

    Why do you think your president cautioned Americans in that way?
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 06:11
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Maj Nidal Hasan was an advisor to Obama’s Homeland Security team.. Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.
    http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf
    I am curious as to what you think it is you've got here.

    I had a look at the pdf.

    The Homeland Security Policy Institute is a Washington think tank not a government agency.

    Nidal Hasan is listed as the representative from the Uniformed Services University School of Medicine. Presumably this means he was the trusted delegate and expert from this institution.

    It's one of hundreds and hundreds of names.

    In what way do you this his inclusion on this massive list of names was or is Obama's responsibility?
  4. 17 Nov '09 06:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    So... why did President Obama caution Americans against jumping to conclusions about Nidal Hasan?

    Your OP does not provide any particular insight. Judging from your tone, you reckon you've got a bit of a "Gotcha!" on your hands here. But you'll need to explain.

    Why [b]do
    you think your president cautioned Americans in that way?[/b]
    I dont know FMF. There is no "gotcha" there. Just another mere coincidence w/our president being involved with terrorist.I am just really confused on this.Surely,when he said "not to jump to conclusions" he had no idea who this man was or his connection to him.
    I would like to hear some insight from yourself and others on this.
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 06:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Just another mere coincidence w/our president being involved with terrorist.
    But Nidal Hasan wasn't involved with Obama. And Obama wasn't involved with Nidal Hasan - at least not according to the material you have quoted.

    Nidal Hasan, according to the pdf you cited in your OP, is one of hundreds of people consulted by "The George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute":

    Founded in 2003, The George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute (HSPI) is a nonpartisan “think and do” tank whose mission is to build bridges between theory and practice to advance homeland security through an interdisciplinary approach. By convening domestic and international policymakers and practitioners at all levels of government, the private and non-profit sectors, and academia, HSPI creates innovative strategies and solutions to current and future threats to the nation.


    So HSPI is a think tank.

    Nidal Hasan's expertise (and military rank) has never been in question, has it? So is it any great surprise that he's listed?

    He doesn't even appear to be a 'member' of the think tank. He is listed as being a participant in one of the think tank's several consultative events.

    How could you possibly claim that your president was "involved with a terrorist" on the strength of this?
  6. 17 Nov '09 06:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    But Nidal Hasan wasn't involved with Obama. And Obama wasn't involved with Nidal Hasan - at least not according to the material you have quoted.

    Nidal Hasan, according to the pdf you cited in your OP, is one of hundreds of people consulted by "The George Washington University Homeland Security Policy Institute":

    [quote]Founded in 2003, The George Washingto ...[text shortened]... y claim that your president was "involved with a terrorist" on the strength of this?
    Actually his 'expertise" as you put it is in question. His "rank" as you say is nothing exceptional.
    We have several coincidences related to Obama concerning radicals and terrorist. Ayers,Wright ,Jones to name a few.
    I am really concerned that the radical right will use this and run with it. Do you think in your expertise that he had no idea there was any "connection" w/ Hasan when he said lets not jump to conclusions?
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 06:49
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Actually his 'expertise" as you put it is in question. His "rank" as you say is nothing exceptional.
    Well his expertise and rank are enough for it to be no surprise that he once turned up at a Washington think tank event.

    More to the point. You haven't established any connection between him and Obama.
  8. 17 Nov '09 06:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well his expertise and rank are enough for it to be no surprise that he once turned up at a Washington think tank event.

    More to the point. You haven't established any connection between him and Obama.
    I know,I know there is no connection. Just another strange coincidence.
    And PC got Hasan in Washington NOT his expertise.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 07:01
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I know,I know there is no connection.
    Then why did you describe Obama as being "involved" with Nidal Hasan?

    We haven't reached the bottom of the first page and your thread's wheels have fallen off already!
  10. 17 Nov '09 07:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then why did you describe Obama as being "involved" with Nidal Hasan?

    We haven't reached the bottom of the first page and your thread's wheels have fallen off already!
    It is called sarcasm. Ofcourse he is aware of this!
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 07:10
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    It is called sarcasm. Ofcourse he is aware of this!
    You cannot claim that Obama was "involved" with Nidal Hasan AND "not connected" to him, at he same time. Your OP and several of your squirming comments subsequent to it smack of dishonesty.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Nov '09 13:17
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    And PC got Hasan in Washington NOT his expertise.
    Are you saying that Nidal Hasan was the Homeland Security Advisor on Obama's transition team?
  13. 17 Nov '09 13:25
    http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/
    Homeland Security Policy Institute Statement on Nidal Hasan
    In his capacity as Disaster & Preventive Psychiatry Fellow at the Uniformed Services University School of Medicine, Nidal Hasan registered (“RSVP’d&rdquo to attend as an audience member a number of Homeland Security Policy Institute (HSPI) events in the period June 2008 to February 2009. All of these events were open to the public. At no time has Nidal Hasan been affiliated with HSPI or The George Washington University.

    What's more, who was President in June of 2008? I guess doing about... I don't know.... TWO FRICKING MINUTES worth of homework is too much to ask when it comes to your reckless pursuit of smearing the President.

    Sorry to crash and burn your thread before it even starts.
  14. 17 Nov '09 14:17
    Maybe sitting through those mind-numbing Homeland Security Institute meetings is what drove him over the edge. I can imagine being stuck there listening to them drone on and daydreaming about shooting the place up.