1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 18:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is an odd thing for you to say when you know that Mr Abdulmutallab may well now reveal details of al-Qaeda networks and conspiracies that he may have learnt about in Yemen.
    Maybe, I doubt it.
    Not worth wasting the words, we're in a different place now, no more Disneyland.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 21:19
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    what happened to this?

http://www.hrcr.org/hottopics/tribunal.html
    They're not mutually exclusive. Military tribunals can exist and some terrorists can be tried in federal court. Military tribunals can be for war crimes or enemy combatants and plain old run of the mill terrorists can be tried in federal court. I don't see the contradiction.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 17:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    They're not mutually exclusive. Military tribunals can exist and some terrorists can be tried in federal court. Military tribunals can be for war crimes or enemy combatants and plain old run of the mill terrorists can be tried in federal court. I don't see the contradiction.
    I see, thanks for making that clear.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 17:32
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126296584036721669.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_news

[b]Terror suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab pleaded not guilty Friday in a federal court in Detroit on a six-count indictment for allegedly attempting to blow up a Detroit-bound plane and murder its 279 passengers and 11 crew members

why not try him as a criminal combatant? why allow these absurdities to happen?[/b]
    obama is a lawyer and a constitutional scholar. ain't he?
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 18:42
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    obama is a lawyer and a constitutional scholar. ain't he?
    yes. what is your point?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree