NOW there will be real checks and balances, dems win house

NOW there will be real checks and balances, dems win house

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Nov 18

So far 230 seats, 218 to call majority. Question now is how many more will dems take since there are slow states like California which may not be figured out till thanksgiving. But that is just icing on the cake. Dems win the house, and lose senate as was predicted.
First thing on our agenda: Get Trumps tax returns!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Nov 18

@sonhouse said
So far 230 seats, 218 to call majority. Question now is how many more will dems take since there are slow states like California which may not be figured out till thanksgiving. But that is just icing on the cake. Dems win the house, and lose senate as was predicted.
First thing on our agenda: Get Trumps tax returns!
Totally agree, tax returns first.

Even impeachment pales next to that.

Although I'd love to see the House pull a spite impeachment on him, like they did to Bill.

rain

Moves
07 Nov 18

@sonhouse said
NOW there will be real checks and balances

Checks finally does have checks and balances, but slow down a bit. The GOP has even more seats in the Senate, and there more Republicans in SCOTUS, two of Justices picked by Trump. And Ginsberg possibly being replaced by Trump is always a looming possibility due to her age.

The possibility of impeachment is no longer a pipe dream. At the same time, Trump actually being convicted has become even more improbable.

But, it's still an important win for Dems. The ability to block Trump and impeach him are still in now in Dem's hands.

rain

Moves
07 Nov 18
1 edit

@vivify said
Checks finally does have checks and balances
WTF. This is why I hate posting from a phone.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
07 Nov 18
1 edit

@vivify said
WTF. This is why I hate posting from a phone.
Ever made a chess move with your butt? That's the worst.

rain

Moves
07 Nov 18
2 edits

@sleepyguy said
Must've been a sh**y move........

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Nov 18
1 edit

@vivify said
Must've been a sh**y move........
Hardy har har๐Ÿ˜‰ So at least there ARE C&B's now. I wonder how brainwashed the Senate will be if it is shown *make that WHEN it is shown* the corruption inherent in everything Trump touches. all the dirty deals he has done, who is investing in him, when American banks said forget it. Russia comes to mind๐Ÿ˜‰ He always says he never invested in Russia but not a word about Russia holding up HIS flagging network and the obligations that would go with it, like getting money from the mafia, there would be payback in some form or another so I think it safe to say he is in Putin's pocket and if the returns show that, MAYBE it would even effect the brainwashed millions and especially the brainwashed senators he now owns.
I wonder who Trump will blame in his speech coming up this morning, Wed, Nov 7, it FOR SURE won't include the tiniest bit of blame by Trump. It will ALWAYS be someone else's failure. This is not even talking about his racial bias and misogyny
and the ad hominem attacks on individuals, something never done before by ANY president in the history of the US. He has lowered the bar so much we become immune to the latest BS coming from him which, like the issue with lying, what, up to 6000 lies now?
He is very good at his job, which is to manipulate people, at least people with weak and uneducated minds. People who don't look past their own shoelaces and like they said about the anti-communist BS of the 1950's, they said, tell a lie, make it big enough and people will believe. That is EXACTLY the Trump tactic and it works very well on a large portion of the American public. So the next election in 2020 is likely to go to Trump again (ugh) and Michael Moore said it well this morning, we can't put up someone like Hillary (not happening of course, just an example of the usual brand of politician) and instead we need someone beloved, like what Obama became or Beto in Texas where he came damn close to winning and we have not heard the last from him. I think Moore has it 100% right, we cannot run with a standard politician, we need someone who has the charisma to be instantly loved by millions and so far, who is on the slate who will get that? Can you think of anyone?

rain

Moves
07 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonhouse said
Hardy har har๐Ÿ˜‰ So at least there ARE C&B's now. I wonder how brainwashed the Senate will be if it is shown *make that WHEN it is shown* the corruption inherent in everything Trump touches. all the dirty deals he has done, who is investing in him, when American banks said forget it. Russia comes to mind๐Ÿ˜‰ He always says he never invested in Russia but not a word about Rus ...[text shortened]... tantly loved by millions and so far, who is on the slate who will get that? Can you think of anyone?
I shouldn't have downplayed a House win so much, since it's more than just checks and balances. With control of the House, Dems now have the power to subpoena documents like Trump's tax returns, and have more power with regard to the Russia investigation, or even conduct their own investigations. And as I mentioned, Dems can now impeach. It's unlikely, but that's a power in their corner. Dems also have much more bargaining power with respect to getting laws passed, since Reps are now forced to work with Dems to bass a bill.

This is a huge win.

w

Moves
07 Nov 18

@suzianne said
Totally agree, tax returns first.

Even impeachment pales next to that.

Although I'd love to see the House pull a spite impeachment on him, like they did to Bill.
So let me get this straight, Trump has sold his soul to Putin and put the entire Republic up for sale to Russia but first on the agenda is Trump's tax returns?

Sounds like you either don't buy into the Russian collusion accusations or you want the US to implode.

No, first on the agenda should be impeachment, especially when people like yourself insist there is enough evidence to impeach Trump.

w

Moves
07 Nov 18

@sleepyguy said
What is fun is butt chess.

In fact, I'm thinking of starting a new site for it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Nov 18
1 edit

@whodey said
So let me get this straight, Trump has sold his soul to Putin and put the entire Republic up for sale to Russia but first on the agenda is Trump's tax returns?

Sounds like you either don't buy into the Russian collusion accusations or you want the US to implode.

No, first on the agenda should be impeachment, especially when people like yourself insist there is enough evidence to impeach Trump.
It is well known the ONLY reason Trump has his empire today is the LITERAL hundreds of millions pumped into his coffers by the Russians who saw future payoff which was proved out 10X over when it was clear Trump was kissing Putin's ass at that so called summit. Of course you, being one of the Trumpite brainwashed, will NEVER see any downside to Trump, he is your god and that will remain for the rest of your life. You are as brainwashed about Trump as bad as the religious set are about their so-called gods. And one hint: Trump is no god. He is an amoral sociopathic narcissistic assshole with one thing on his mind and one thing only, TRUMP. All else is second to that. And why you don't see that is just proof you are in fact brainwashed.

w

Moves
07 Nov 18
2 edits

@sonhouse said
It is well known the ONLY reason Trump has his empire today is the LITERAL hundreds of millions pumped into his coffers by the Russians who saw future payoff which was proved out 10X over when it was clear Trump was kissing Putin's ass at that so called summit. Of course you, being one of the Trumpite brainwashed, will NEVER see any downside to Trump, he is your god and that ...[text shortened]... P. All else is second to that. And why you don't see that is just proof you are in fact brainwashed.
So the first order of business is to impeach Trump, right?

Or do we need to smear him some more?

Not enough evidence yet?

Moves
07 Nov 18

@whodey said

The not-so-hidden-that-they're-clever sarcasms employed by whodey reveal his real truths. It's not a pretty realm.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Nov 18

@wolfe63 said
The not-so-hidden-that-they're-clever sarcasms employed by whodey reveal his real truths. It's not a pretty realm.
It just shows just how brainwashed he really is. He cannot respond in an adult way to ANY criticism, just like Trump.

m

Moves
07 Nov 18

@sleepyguy said
Given your average rating 1800, you must be doing something right. ๐Ÿ˜›