1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 03:28
    Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit, but he did say that drinking alcohol is worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542343/President-Obama-says-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol.html

In one swoop, Obama had destroyed the heart and soul of the libertarian movement.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 04:12
    Daily Mail.

Thread closed.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 04:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit
    You should start all your posts with this.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 04:27
    Originally posted by vivify
    You should start all your posts with this.
    Please, just google it and you will see that the story is legit.

In the spirit of President Obama, I've decided to list the most famous and successful pot heads of all time.

1. President Obama.....not Clinton because he did not inhale.
    2. Ted Turner.
    3. Michael Phelps.
    4. Rick Steves. (I laughed when I found this out. Pretty funny)

Anyone else?
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 05:32

In the spirit of President Obama, I've decided to list the most famous and successful pot heads of all time.

2. Ted Turner.
    3. Michael Phelps.

Anyone else?
    Joe Rogan
    Willie Nelson
    The Dude
  6. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 06:43
    And the notion that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol is controversial because...?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    And the notion that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol is controversial because...?
    Both are carcinogens, however, smoking seems to have other ill effects such as COPD.

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up their jobs to move to Timbuktoo if it is legal to smoke the stuff there, but not always.

I would say that from what I have seen and read, if you smoke pot in your teens it tends to have more detrimental effects on your intellect in future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:08

2. Ted Turner.
    3. Michael Phelps.

Anyone else?
    You're totally wrong, and I will not stand for this outrageous and scurrilous slandering of President Obama.

He was a cokehead.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You're totally wrong, and I will not stand for this outrageous and scurrilous slandering of President Obama.

He was a cokehead.
    My apologies.......to cokeheads. 😛

I've read that about half of the American population has smoked the stuff at one time or another, which accounts to about the same number of voters who elected Obama.

Coincidence?
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:16
    My apologies.......to cokeheads. 😛

I've read that about half of the American population has smoked the stuff at one time or another, which accounts to about the same number of voters who elected Obama.

Coincidence?
    Not sure which half voted for Obama - the half who have smoked pot (I have, three times), or the half that doesn't pay income tax. Or the half that is receiving government assistance. Or the half that has a vagina (or at least low-T). There are a lot of halves to consider.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:20
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Not sure which half voted for Obama - the half who have smoked pot (I have, three times), or the half that doesn't pay income tax. Or the half that is receiving government assistance. Or the half that has a vagina (or at least low-T). There are a lot of halves to consider.
    In another 3 years, I say we will all be smoking the stuff, just to cope.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 12:22
    President Peanut must be commended. All I'm waiting for is for him to say that smoking pot is a "right".
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 13:13
    Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit, but he did say that drinking alcohol is worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542343/President-Obama-says-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol.html

In one swoop, Obama had destroyed the heart and soul of the libertarian movement.
    I fully endorse LSD being added to the water supply in America.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 13:52
    Both are carcinogens, however, smoking seems to have other ill effects such as COPD.

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up thei ...[text shortened]... n future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.
    Your personal, anecdotal accounts of those who over indulge in both alcohol and marijuana are meaningless. Lots of well-educated and very productive people smoke weed. Tobacco is definitely addictive. Alcohol is addictive for some. There is evidence that the tendency towards alcoholism is genetic as it runs in families and is more prevalent in certain ethnic groups. While I enjoy drinking and like a glow, I hate the effects of over indulging and go for long periods without the “glow”. Marijuana might be emotionally addictive for some, I don’t think there is evidence it is physically addictive like alcohol, for some, and tobacco for all. I’d like to see those who make poor life choices pay more for insurance/taxes ie riding a motorcycle or bike without a helmet or not using a seat belt in a car, being addicted to anything that leads to poor health including over eating.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 15:47

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up thei ...[text shortened]... n future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.
    Your bizarre stereotypes aside, it is not exactly hidden knowledge that, on the whole, cannabis is much less harmful to one's health than alcohol. A short summary of the research on the topic can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_drug_consumption#Risks

Then again, I'm not surprised you are oblivious to rudimentary knowledge of the topic at hand, which appears to be a prerequisite for you to open a thread about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree