1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 03:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Your bizarre stereotypes aside, it is not exactly hidden knowledge that, on the whole, cannabis is much less harmful to one's health than alcohol. A short summary of the research on the topic can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_drug_consumption#Risks

Then again, I'm not surprised you are oblivious to rudimentary knowledge of the topic at hand, which appears to be a prerequisite for you to open a thread about it.
    You smoke it don't you.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 06:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    You smoke it don't you.
    I don't see how that is pertinent to the discussion at hand, but yes I have. It's not really my kind of drug, I prefer alcohol and caffeine.

Now why do you believe Obama's comments are so controversial? He's not even calling for legalizing weed.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 12:21
    I don't see how that is pertinent to the discussion at hand, but yes I have. It's not really my kind of drug, I prefer alcohol and caffeine.

Now why do you believe Obama's comments are so controversial? He's not even calling for legalizing weed.
    Because pretty much everyone that defends the drug has tried it, including president Peanut.

The reason that his comments are controversial is because he is the leader of the nation, and he is openly questioning the validity of its laws once again. Whether he is right or wrong about the matter, the fact remains that anytime you come out like this you probably have an agenda for doing it. Make no mistake, this is a calculated message. He also questions the illegal immigration law but then subverts it with Executive Orders that defy it. Will he do this with pot? Probably not. My guess is that this is the beginning of the DNC platform to include smoking pot.

So now the DNC platform includes.

1. Abortion
    2. Gay sex
    3. Illegal immigration
    4. Pot
    5. Budgetless, limitless spending

Sounds like a real "party" to me. 😵
  4. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jan '14 15:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    Because pretty much everyone that defends the drug has tried it, including president Peanut.

The reason that his comments are controversial is because he is the leader of the nation, and he is openly questioning the validity of its laws once again. Whether he is right or wrong about the matter, the fact remains that anytime you come out like this you prob ...[text shortened]... mmigration
    4. Pot
    5. Budgetless, limitless spending

Sounds like a real "party" to me. 😵

Maybe that's because people who have tried it know that it's not that big a deal, and like drinking a cup of tea isn't going to make you murder everyone at the closest kindergarten.

Make no mistake, this is a calculated message.

Thanks for that. Of course it's a "calculated message", it's a prepared speech by a politician! Obama is on one hand trying to pander to people who are in favour of legalizing weed by saying smoking pot is not that big a deal, but at the same time trying not to alienate people who are against legalizing it by favouring its continued criminalization.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '14 00:35
    [b]Because pretty much everyone that defends the drug has tried it, including president Peanut.

Maybe that's because people who have tried it know that it's not that big a deal, and like drinking a cup of tea isn't going to make you murder everyone at the closest kindergarten.

Make no mistake, this is a calculated message.

Thanks for ...[text shortened]... not to alienate people who are against legalizing it by favouring its continued criminalization.[/b]
    Oh dear, not smoking pot is like drinking tea. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree