1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 02:02
    Obama in Colorado:compassion, dignity, leadership; political differences aside, he personifies the best about America - unity, courage and the determination of local communities in the face of adversity. Agreed?
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 03:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Obama in Colorado:compassion, dignity, leadership; political differences aside, he personifies the best about America - unity, courage and the determination of local communities in the face of adversity. Agreed?
    He (or his reelection team) is politically brilliant, too. What better way to contrast himself with Romney than to highlight his support for firefighters?

Anyway, yes, I think the move was a good demonstration of leadership and empathy.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 03:33
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    He (or his reelection team) is politically brilliant, too. What better way to contrast himself with Romney than to highlight his support for firefighters?
    Mmmm. Doesn't seem to have had much of a political-differences-aside unifying influence on you, though. 😉
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 03:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mmmm. Doesn't seem to have had much of a political-differences-aside unifying influence on you, though. 😉
    It would have, had the exchange(s) between him and Romney not been so recent. 😉

His visit to Joplin, MO, for example, was one of many such unifying displays of leadership, though.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '12 17:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are lucky to have Barak Obama as President. A man who has won a Nobel Peace Prize and a transparency award from the media and someone who has brought the nation together is a rare find indeed.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 05:51
    I think any President would have been there. In fact, I think it's obligatory.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree