1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 23:171 edit
    I voted for Obama twice, and generally agree with his policies, but his push to use military force in Syria is not wise. Obama is ignoring the will of most American's. If military force is used, I can see little good coming from this. It's a sad day when the Russian government makes more sense than the American government. ๐Ÿ™

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-interview-putin-warns-west-050221290.html
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 01:25
    Originally posted by bill718
    I voted for Obama twice, and generally agree with his policies, but his push to use military force in Syria is not wise. Obama is ignoring the will of most American's. If military force is used, I can see little good coming from this. It's a sad day when the Russian government makes more sense than the American government. ๐Ÿ™

Nothing matters but one thing
    - its not what America says or what America wants
    - its not what Russia says
    - its not what Assad says or wants
    - its not what the world thinks
    Its what the rank and file people of Syria think and what they want. Do they want help? If not then the world should just leave it alone.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 05:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nothing matters but one thing
    - its not what America says or what America wants
    - its not what Russia says
    - its not what Assad says or wants
    - its not what the world thinks
    Its what the rank and file people of Syria think and what they want. Do they want help? If not then the world should just leave it alone.
    I disagree. It's what the American people want. Obama is President of the United States...not Syria. Obama should start solving America's problems, and let Syria solve it's own problems. America is not here to police the world.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 07:41
    I disagree. It's what the American people want. Obama is President of the United States...not Syria. Obama should start solving America's problems, and let Syria solve it's own problems. America is not here to police the world.
    funny, i thought that was exactly what they claim to do
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 10:39
    If you read over my post you will see that I am implying that so far the Syrian people are not asking for help. So yes America should mind their own business and not butt in as yet. However if they do ask, then America should respond with the appropriate kind of assistance and not just go in an bomb the place.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 12:091 edit

As we both know, if the GOP were in there they would be doing the EXACT same thing. What we have here is a run away federal government.

Left wingers like what Obama has to say. Right wingers like what the average GOP President has to say. But both do pretty much the same things, don't they?

What we have here is a run away federal government. I think my thread on the Liberty Amendments is the best approach. What we need to do is send a message to the feds that we have had enough. Anyone worth their salt knows that the Founders did not want a Federal government running the country and the world, but that is what they have become.

Of course, if you want more of the same, then by all means, continue voting DNC down the line. LOL. The issue here is that progressives run things and have since the turn of the 20th century, but somehow get a free pass by blaming everything on one of the two parties. After maintaining power for over a century, I think it's time to turn a new leaf.

If not, get used to the new lingo, like the new definition of war. Attacking sovereign countries is not an act of war.......that is......unless they fire back. ๐Ÿ˜ต
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 12:13
    What boggles my mind is that Obama knows he will ding his approval ratings, which have continued to fall, for going into Syria. So he then consults Congress, who has a lower approval rating that Lucifer, to join him.

Although I was pleased that he actually identified another power inside government other than himself, for perhaps the first time in his life, I think it will have limited upside for his approval ratings.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 13:37
    If you read over my post you will see that I am implying that so far the Syrian people are not asking for help. So yes America should mind their own business and not butt in as yet. However if they do ask, then America should respond with the appropriate kind of assistance and not just go in an bomb the place.
    What do you mean by "the Syrian people are not asking for help"? Surely, some Syrian people would like the US to help attack Assad's forces.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 13:51
    I am a Democrat and a liberal. I do not think we should get involved in the Syrian civil war.

The strategic targets have probably been embedded in high population areas. Our smart missiles will undoubtedly blow up innocents and by the end of the intervention we might end up murdering just as many as were gassed. Does it matter if it is chemical weapons or bombs?

There is no clear democratic, non-sectarian group in Syria trying to get power. If we topple the current regime, equally evil individuals are likely to replace the current power.

If Syria crosses into Israel with so much as a baseball bat, we need to respond as we have a clear treaty and responsibility to protect our allies. Israel is the only nation in the Middle East that is clearly a friend of the US and a democracy with modern Western Judeo/Christian values.

Whatever your position on this important issue, be sure you take a moment to send your senator and representative an e-mail expressing your views.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 17:251 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What do you mean by "the Syrian people are not asking for help"? Surely, some Syrian people would like the US to help attack Assad's forces.
    I read a report somewhere about a survey on that issue and while there are some Syrians who desperately want outside intervention of any kind, the majority want simple assistance in the form of weapons to fight back. They certainly dont want a repeat of what happened in Iraq ie the mass bombings and promises to rebuild nonsense.

To me that makes sense and helps everyone all round. They want to fight their own battle and while they know that some will die it wont end up with a foreign presence that cant seem to leave them alone.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 17:322 edits
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I am a Democrat and a liberal. I do not think we should get involved in the Syrian civil war.

The strategic targets have probably been embedded in high population areas. Our smart missiles will undoubtedly blow up innocents and by the end of the intervention we might end up murdering just as many as were gassed. Does it matter if it is chemical weapo ...[text shortened]... sure you take a moment to send your senator and representative an e-mail expressing your views.
    The strategic targets are not mobile. Airports and railways.

The Free Syrian Army represents the native Syrian masses. They're the only ones with the right to vote.

Stop kissing Israel's butt. We should act on our timetable, for our reasons, at our convenience. Not because we're protecting Israel.

Sigh..."modern Western Judeo/Christian values"...

That means they [Israel] are controlled by Germanics. Ashkenazim, to be specific. The "Judeo/Christian" bloc is a Protestant/Ashkenazim cultural bloc with an attitude. I find them extraordinarily annoying.

<===Ethnic Catholic represent, the "Judeo/Christians" are the people we used to light on fire for being heretics and false converts.

Spanish Inquisition song
    YouTube
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 18:05
    I read a report somewhere about a survey on that issue and while there are some Syrians who desperately want outside intervention of any kind, the majority want simple assistance in the form of weapons to fight back. They certainly dont want a repeat of what happened in Iraq ie the mass bombings and promises to rebuild nonsense.

To me that makes sense and ...[text shortened]... ow that some will die it wont end up with a foreign presence that cant seem to leave them alone.
    They want to not be machine gunned and gassed and raped and exploded with heavy artillery in their homes with their grammies making cookies and then like BOOM her bits are all over the neighborhood...

Anybody who can make that stop is welcome over there.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Sep '13 19:32
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    They want to not be machine gunned and gassed and raped and exploded with heavy artillery in their homes with their grammies making cookies and then like BOOM her bits are all over the neighborhood...

Anybody who can make that stop is welcome over there.
    Or have their children targeted.

http://claysbeach.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/assads-new-strategy-nothing-makes.html
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 00:29

He says he wasn't asking congress for permission to declare war eh??? If Russia targeted US installations on US soil based on trying to curb our ability to poison handicapped children with radioactive milk or any other atrocity that has been done here, Obama would be the first to claim it was an act of war.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 02:07
    Al Qaeda is fighting Assad. Perhaps Alex Jones is not wrong after all.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/05/us-syria-crisis-usa-rebels-idUSBRE98405L20130905

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree