1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 01:53
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Actually, compared to how the Obama admin reacted to the riots in Iran, I think we'd have to say they're improving. Still slow on the uptake, but improving.

I'd be all for lending them our president until they can elect a new one. He could give a speech declaring that this is Egypt's "Sputnik moment". Problem solved.
    Improving?

Let's compare the two uprisings shall we? On the one hand, you had a press and US government that was lack luster in response compared to the Egyptian uprising. Also, everyone knew that even if every man, woman, and child took to the steets in Iran the revolt would be brutally crushed. Then we have Egypt in which everyone expects the current regime to take a hike, and will.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 01:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Solutions for Egypt?
    Yes. Solutions for Egypt. You started a thread about 'solutions for Egypt' and now you don't want to talk about solutions for Egypt anymore. If you wanted to talk about South Korea why didn't you start a thread about South Korea?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 10:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. Solutions for Egypt. You started a thread about 'solutions for Egypt' and now you don't want to talk about solutions for Egypt anymore. If you wanted to talk about South Korea why didn't you start a thread about South Korea?
    Here are some ideas.

1. Avoid theocracies at all costs.
    2. Avoid terrorists groups at all costs.
    3. Tell Obama and company to shove it.
    4. Then free health care, cap and tax, stimulus package and TARP programs etc, etc.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 10:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here are some ideas.

1. Avoid theocracies at all costs.
    2. Avoid terrorists groups at all costs.
    3. Tell Obama and company to shove it.
    4. Then free health care, cap and tax, stimulus package and TARP programs etc, etc.
    These are not solutions, they are talking points. It seems you confuse the two frequently.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    These are not solutions, they are talking points. It seems you confuse the two frequently.
    They need free abortion clinics.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:14
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    They need free abortion clinics.
    Maybe they need a cholera epidemic and 5 year olds working in factories 14 hours per day instead.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 11:21
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Maybe they need a cholera epidemic and 5 year olds working in factories 14 hours per day instead.
    You're funny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree