13 Mar '13 03:58
    http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=11457
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 04:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Question: What efforts and sources did you use to validate the claims made by that hyper-partisan tabloid?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 04:06
    How much does a U.S. president "spend" on, say, 7 days of just 'being the president' in Washington DC [for example], as opposed to 7 days of just 'being the president' in a vacation location? What is counted and what is not counted? Is anything added on to arrive at the $1.4 billion calculation? How many "work" days does $1.4 billion pay for? How many "vacation" days does $1.4 billion pay for?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 04:271 edit
    "...taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning."

1) This is obviously a dated article. But if this was true, why didn't Romney pounce all over this? Was he just being nice to Obama?

2) Does the president have a choice as to whether or not he must use Air Force one to travel across the country? Isn't it simply protocol for a U.S. president to ensure his safety? If so, this means that all incumbant presidents, republican or democrat, are guilty of taxpayers "subsidizing" their campaign.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 04:33
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/23/books/darth-vader-of-the-lobbyists.html

This is the guy whose book is being promoted on that ultra-weirdo religious-conservative-fundamentalist website quoted by the OP. Guess he must be totally unbiased and factual in his statements if he's trying to sell a book, right?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 05:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    If it is possible to make yourself any more irrelevant to adult discussions on this forum, you have just done it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 05:54
    Originally posted by JS357
    If it is possible to make yourself any more irrelevant to adult discussions on this forum, you have just done it.
    whodey advocates change in America's political and public domain in terms of integrity, relevancy and realism, the nature of debate, a bar set higher, etc. And then he regularly demonstrates the kind of discourse he favours in his posts on this forum.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    How much does a U.S. president "spend" on, say, 7 days of just 'being the president' in Washington DC [for example], as opposed to 7 days of just 'being the president' in a vacation location? What is counted and what is not counted? Is anything added on to arrive at the $1.4 billion calculation? How many "work" days does $1.4 billion pay for? How many "vacation" days does $1.4 billion pay for?
    A billion is a thousand million FMF. Your line of questioning shows a sad state of mind when it is apparently OK with you if we are spending over 1 million per week.
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:50
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Question: What efforts and sources did you use to validate the claims made by that hyper-partisan tabloid?
    The Army Times was talking about it too. It was tucked away in an article about Obama inviting Paratroopers to the whitehouse for a weeklong orgy. Oh by the way, did you go?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:51
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    A billion is a thousand million FMF. Your line of questioning shows a sad state of mind when it is apparently OK with you if we are spending over 1 million per week.
    How much does a work day cost and how much does a 'non-work' day cost? I know what "billions" are. It seems you yourself did not even understand my "line of questioning", as simple and straight to the point as it was.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 10:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    How much does a work day cost and how much does a 'non-work' day cost? I know what "billions" are. It seems you yourself did not even understand my "line of questioning", as simple and straight to the point as it was.
    It doesn't matter how much a work day costs if you know 1.4 billion per week is way too much for an entire 8 years.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 11:07
    It doesn't matter how much a work day costs if you know 1.4 billion per week is way too much for an entire 8 years.
    Way too much? If you didn't even understand my "line of questioning", how are you placed to credibly make such a judgment? Here's my "line of questioning" again, and you will see it has nothing to do with what a "billion" is. What is counted and what is not counted? Is anything added on to arrive at the $1.4 billion calculation? How many "work" days does $1.4 billion pay for? How many "vacation" days does $1.4 billion pay for?
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 11:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Way too much? If you didn't even understand my "line of questioning", how are you placed to credibly make such a judgment? Here's my "line of questioning" again, and you will see it has nothing to do with what a "billion" is. What is counted and what is not counted? Is anything added on to arrive at the $1.4 billion calculation? How many "work" days does $1.4 billion pay for? How many "vacation" days does $1.4 billion pay for?
    Oh, well then you should have said that earlier. Cheerio
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 12:09
    What non-right wing tabloid is claiming this number?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    What non-right wing tabloid is claiming this number?
    What non-right wing tabloid would come out with the story?

Here is a site that trys to rebutt the article.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the-presidency-costs-taxpayers-a-lot-but-thats-not-obamas-fault/

The article trys to rebutt the article in two ways. The first way is to say that they are not sure how the numbers got added together. Then the second Obama defense is that they did not accurately calculate the costs Bush inflicted on taxpayers adding that the costs are just high, so as with everything else, it's not really Obama's fault.

It's Bush's fault!!! LOL.

Whodey wants a king and queen like the Royals in the UK. They come with a greater discount and don't have near the power.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree