1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '13 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you substantiate the numbers in the article or the number in your thread title? I quoted the number you "quoted" back at you and yet you did not seem to recognize it or didn't seem to know whether it was per week or per month.

What was it you said? Oh yes: "...it beats the hell out of me how he came up with the figure". And when I pressed you on whether other than the fact that you have succeeded in copy pasting a link to a wingnut blog.
    Here is an article about press secretary Carney being asked about how much Obama's golf outings cost.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/carney-rejects-questions-costs-presidential-travel-golf-outings

Carney was asked point blank how much they cost and he said he did not know.

Well if the press secretary for Obama does not know, then who does?

I think we would have a better chance of being shown the alien remains from Roswell than we would seeing where all this money comes from and goes.

In the interim, by all means cut the White House tours Barak.

I suppose they could lie and say it did not cost that much, but then, no one would believe it due to known security issues etc. It is a no win situation for Obama. Wherever he goes it will cost the tax payers millions if not billions. I say whatever it takes to improve his golf game.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 02:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here is an article about press secretary Carney being asked about how much Obama's golf outings cost. [...] Well if the press secretary for Obama does not know, then who does?
    We're not talking about the president's "golf outings", are we? Your thread title claims "Obama spends $1.4 billion on vacations". You can't even confirm whether or not you think this is the cost per week of vacation, per month of vacation or whatever.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 03:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    We're not talking about the president's "golf outings", are we? Your thread title claims "Obama spends $1.4 billion on vacations". You can't even confirm whether or not you think this is the cost per week of vacation, per month of vacation or whatever.
    For me running off to Florida to play golf with Tiger Woods would be a vacation. For the President, however, its just another day in paradise I suppose.

What do you think, $100,000 a hole?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 03:222 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    For me running off to Florida to play golf with Tiger Woods would be a vacation. For the President, however, its just another day in paradise I suppose.

What do you think, $100,000 a hole?
    Your thread title is "Obama spends $1.4 billion on vacations".

What does your $1.4 billion figure refer to and how do you substantiate the claim - what is included/excluded - how many days/weeks does you claim this cost refers to?
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 04:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    How much does a U.S. president "spend" on, say, 7 days of just 'being the president' in Washington DC [for example], as opposed to 7 days of just 'being the president' in a vacation location? What is counted and what is not counted? Is anything added on to arrive at the $1.4 billion calculation? How many "work" days does $1.4 billion pay for? How many "vacation" days does $1.4 billion pay for?
    This is a stupid question. You have no idea of the amount of security that travels with the President. It's nowhere close. You think you, as the erudite and informed man that you are, would look this up in order to refute the OP.

Then again - it's you. You revel in dominating threads by repeatedly asking the samestupid question over and over. Your parents must be proud.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 04:51
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    You have no idea of the amount of security that travels with the President.
    This is one of the several reasons why I asked the OP author to explain the claim he makes in his thread title. But he seems to be distancing himself from the claim.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 05:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/23/books/darth-vader-of-the-lobbyists.html

This is the guy whose book is being promoted on that ultra-weirdo religious-conservative-fundamentalist website quoted by the OP. Guess he must be totally unbiased and factual in his statements if he's trying to sell a book, right?
    That sounds like a classy read!
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 10:43
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    That sounds like a classy read!
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 11:05
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    What non-right wing tabloid is claiming this number?
    A billion is a thousand million stupid!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree