Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Nov '14 16:36

    Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay


    http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/28/gallup-peak-number-of-americans-delaying-medical-care-over-costs/

    As I've pointed out many times, people can't afford to use Obamacare insurance.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 Nov '14 17:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]
    Thirty-three percent of Americans have delayed medical treatment for themselves or their families because of the costs they’d have to pay


    http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/28/gallup-peak-number-of-americans-delaying-medical-care-over-costs/

    As I've pointed out many times, people can't afford to use Obamacare insurance.[/b]
    Yes they were much better off when they had no insurance.
  3. 29 Nov '14 17:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes they were much better off when they had no insurance.
    Many of the people who are putting off procedures had different insurance that they could afford to use.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Nov '14 05:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes they were much better off when they had no insurance.
    Do you really think the insurance companies are going to pay anything out if the patient can not pay their premiums and deductibles?
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    30 Nov '14 08:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you really think the insurance companies are going to pay anything out if the patient can not pay their premiums and deductibles?
    I never suggested they would. The ACA has generous subsidies to help most people pay for the insurance though.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Nov '14 16:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I never suggested they would. The ACA has generous subsidies to help most people pay for the insurance though.
    But most of the people don't know how that works or even if it does work. Nancy Pelosi said, "We must pass the bill to see what is in it." Most of us still have no explanation of what is in it.

    The house cleaner that comes every two weeks to help my wife clean our house said she could not afford it and even though she is Black she does not like Obama as President.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    30 Nov '14 17:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But most of the people don't know how that works or even if it does work. Nancy Pelosi said, "We must pass the bill to see what is in it." Most of us still have no explanation of what is in it.

    The house cleaner that comes every two weeks to help my wife clean our house said she could not afford it and even though she is Black she does not like Obama as President.
    Maybe you should provide her health insurance.

    The law can't make people be aware.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Nov '14 17:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe you should provide her health insurance.

    The law can't make people be aware.
    I am not her employer. She works for a small local cleaning business. I only know what she told we when I asked her about how she liked Obamacare.

    It is not that people are not aware of Obamacare a.k.a ACA. It is that there has been no effort to explain the details of the bill or how it works.
  9. Standard member Quarl
    Quarl
    01 Dec '14 00:37
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I never suggested they would. The ACA has generous subsidies to help most people pay for the insurance though.
    Subsidies are only available to those who live in states which set up "state exchanges." Few states did this.
  10. 01 Dec '14 01:01
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Subsidies are only available to those who live in states which set up "state exchanges." Few states did this.
    Hey now, are you trying to hold Obama to the law?

    Hell, not even the US Supreme Court is willing to do that.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Dec '14 08:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Subsidies are only available to those who live in states which set up "state exchanges." Few states did this.
    That is the preposterous claim of a right wing lawsuit that has been rejected by every court save one. Unfortunately, that claim has made it to the SCOTUS rather than be summarily dismissed as the absurdity it is. The subsidies were the very heart of the ACA and no one ever suggested or implied during the debates on passing it that States would have a veto power over them and, in effect, the entire law.
  12. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    02 Dec '14 07:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That is the preposterous claim of a right wing lawsuit that has been rejected by every court save one. Unfortunately, that claim has made it to the SCOTUS rather than be summarily dismissed as the absurdity it is. The subsidies were the very heart of the ACA and no one ever suggested or implied during the debates on passing it that States would have a veto power over them and, in effect, the entire law.
    States like Georgia seem to have the power not to open up their medicaid rolls to those unable to pay for Obamacare.

    Rep. Jason Spencer (R-Woodbine) pushed through the Legislature a Tea Party-supported bill that prohibits the state from running its own insurance exchange.

    Rep. Jason Spencer House Bill 943, passed at the tail end of the General Assembly, also forbids state employees to advocate for Medicaid expansion, and halts the “navigator” insurance counseling program at the University of Georgia. The bill was signed into law this week by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.

    Supporters of the Affordable Care Act, meanwhile, say that House Bill 943 is bad, though not nearly as bad as it could have been. But Spencer told GHN this week that his legislation “is going to be a huge problem for Obamacare.” He said it works in tandem with another bill – also signed this week – that requires legislative approval for a Medicaid expansion. (The state’s GOP leadership has already rejected such an expansion, but the new law makes a reversal of that decision more difficult.) “We are the first state, to my knowledge, that has put such a tough initiative together at the state level to essentially throw sand in the gears of Obamacare,” Spencer said. “Other states are watching what we are doing.”

    - See more at:

    http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2014/05/georgias-battle-obamacare-enters-phase/#sthash.ZFoW2tpL.dpuf
  13. 02 Dec '14 10:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not her employer. She works for a small local cleaning business. I only know what she told we when I asked her about how she liked Obamacare.

    It is not that people are not aware of Obamacare a.k.a ACA. It is that there has been no effort to explain the details of the bill or how it works.
    did you stopped to think that it is quite possible she told the crazy white man what he wanted to hear so as not to get in trouble?
  14. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    02 Dec '14 14:06
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did you stopped to think that it is quite possible she told the crazy white man what he wanted to hear so as not to get in trouble?
    So you believe Black people are natural liars. However, I believed she would naturally tell the truth, even to White people.
  15. 05 Dec '14 01:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes they were much better off when they had no insurance.
    In fact, my youngest would be much better off without it right now.. It's shame she has to pay for health insurance while doing her unpaid internship. Now she not only has school to pay for, room and board, gas for travel, but an insurance bill as well.. 9 months left, then when she hits the work force, she could garb insurance right?