1. Garner, NC
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 18:191 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Unsurprisingly, you don't know what you are talking about. 1099s encourage tax compliance and only people who wish to cheat on their taxes have a big problem with the requirement. As already pointed out, they can be generated automatically using standard software. You probably never did any accounting or held a real job of any sort, so you wouldn't know this.
    I keep books for an HOA and have to send out two 1099s per year. Current law requires sending a 1099 to law firms. Also, I'm paid enough by the HOA that I'm required to send a 1099 to myself (actually send one on behalf of the HOA to myself).

This winds up being at least 30 minutes work and costs a dollar or two worth of postage for me, not to mention the postage for the IRS to send me blank 1099s.

I've tried inserting the official IRS 1099 blanks into my printer. Disaster. As it stands, I send out two hand written 1099s and send two hand written copies of them to the IRS. I'm not looking forward to sending them out to our web hosting service on behalf of the other LLC I'm a part of. Just more work that produces NOTHING!

This whole law is a cruel joke.

Sure they can be generated automatically using standards software. Standard software that I DON'T HAVE and DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR and DON'T WANT TO LOSE TIME WITH MY FAMILY LEARNING HOW TO USE AND CONFIGURE and DON'T WANT TO PAY TO GET REGULAR UPGRADES!!!

No, I haven't had a real accounting job either, and don't want one. I would like to avoid needing an accounting degree to run a business that earns a few thousand per year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree