1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 01:26
    It's hardly unusual to hear small-business owners gripe about licensing requirements or complain that heavy-handed regulations are driving them into the red.

So when Multnomah County shut down an enterprise last week for operating without a license, you might just sigh and say, there they go again.

Except this entrepreneur was a 7-year-old named Julie Murphy. Her business was a lemonade stand at the Last Thursday monthly art fair in Northeast Portland. The government regulation she violated? Failing to get a $120 temporary restaurant license.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/portland_lemonade_stand_runs_i.html

Go get her. She's an evil business owner who needs to be put in her place!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 02:031 edit
    She was at a fair...that's not quite out front of her gome.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 02:031 edit
    Michelle Obama sends out letters via e-mail telling us to tighten our belts,, is she nuts, don't we lead by example, apparently not in her case...

Michelle Obama's Free Staff at our expense - WTF?
    Posted 11/11/09 Read all 16 comments +2Written by Dr. Paul L. Williams

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said. "See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, "... Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think, Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary from her husband's salary.

Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:

Mamie Eisenhower : 1 paid for personally out of President's salary

Jackie Kennedy: 1

Roseline Carter: 1

Barbara Bush: 1

Hilary Clinton: 3

Laura Bush: 1

Michele Obama: 22

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Ms Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:

Michele Obama's personal staff:
    1. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
    2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Dep Asst to President and Dir of Policy And Projects for First Lady)
    3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Spec Asst to the President and WH Social Sec for Mrs. Obama)
    4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Spec Asst to President and Dir of Communications for First Lady)
    5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Spec Asst to President and Dep Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    7. $84,000 - Lel yveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
    8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
    9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
    10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
    12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Dep Director of Scheduling & Events Coord For The First Lady)
    13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
    14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
    15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Assoc Dir and Dep Press Secretary To The First Lady)
    16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Spec Asst for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
    17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
    18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
    19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
    20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
    21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
    22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Dep Assoc Dir of Correspondence for the First Lady)
    (total = $1,591,200 in annual salaries)

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny
    Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com click here..
    http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

Yes, I know, The Canadian Free Press had to publish this perhaps because America no longer has a free press and the USA media is too scared that they might be considered racist or suffer at the hands of Obama. Sorry America !

SICKENING........ISN'T IT?

I wonder how many she took to Spain, while the rest of us tighten our dam belts,,,GRRRR!
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 02:08
    While many Americans are cutting back on their vacation plans or eliminating them altogether, Barack Obama is setting an aspirational example for all of us. Sure, times are tough, but perhaps we can enjoy a life of leisure vicariously through our betters.

On July 16-18, the Obamas enjoyed their first summer vacation in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine. The idyllic town has long been favorite summer getaway for the rich and powerful going back to the Gilded Age. Truly a resort fit for a king public servant.

Anticipating exhaustion from two long weeks in Washington, D.C., Michelle Obama is hosting her eldest daughter and several family friends on a "private vacation" to Spain, August 4-8. Staying at the luxurious Villa Padierna, Americans can rest easy knowing the accomodations will "pamper guests with elegance, spaciousness and a comforting array of amenities." With three golf courses on the property, it's quite a shame Barack must attend a party thrown in his honor by one of his billionaire friends. Despite this hardship, I'm sure Michelle will sing "Don't Cry for Me, America". Or at least hum a few bars. (After the spa's Chakra Balancing treatment with Hot Stones.)

The five days back in the White House will be a horrible burden to the family. Thankfully, the Obama clan will take a third vacation, Aug. 14-15, to Florida's Gulf Coast, following charges of hypocrisy for vacationing in Maine earlier. As any PR pro will tell you, the best response to "out of touch" accusations is to face them head on. Preferably from a balcony, sipping a mojito while watching Helios' golden rays paint the beach in myriad shades of gold as the fiery orb slips 'neath the azure horizon.

But if the Obamas are anything like me (and it sure seems that way!), sometimes they feel more tired after a vacation than before it. Luckily for all of us, the family will take a fourth vacation, Aug. 19-29, in exclusive Martha's Vineyard. It's about time that poor man got a little R and R.

whoppie, we must be in heaven man!!!! Your tax dollars at work??
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 02:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    She was at a fair...that's not quite out front of her gome.
    She is seven. She is selling lemonade at a lemonade stand. If the people who ran the fair wanted her gone, they could have told her parents that the stand needed to go. But no, liberals think that this requires governmental intervention.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 02:14
    Hugh,

I think it is a modern liberal problem. They think the tax payer's money is actually their money. Look at Hilary Clinton. She needed 3. Compare weddings of the Clinton girl and the Bush girl. Compare the costs. Why should you spare the cost when you believe you are the modern equivalency to royalty? The total money spent is a drop in the bucket compared to the entire US budget. It is nothing, so they can spend as much money as they wish.
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 04:45
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hugh,

I think it is a modern liberal problem. They think the tax payer's money is actually their money. Look at Hilary Clinton. She needed 3. Compare weddings of the Clinton girl and the Bush girl. Compare the costs. Why should you spare the cost when you believe you are the modern equivalency to royalty? The total money spent is a drop in the buck ...[text shortened]... compared to the entire US budget. It is nothing, so they can spend as much money as they wish.
    and there my friend lies the problem,, there needs to be a paradigm shift. One that tells us a penny saved is a penny earned.. and this starts at the top,
    IF that were have to happened in Mr. Obamas term, he may have stood some kind of chance at a second term. But much is being made of this, and dozens of other things. That is just crapping in the face of the people of this country. This my friend is a dam shame. I think everyone expected more.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 07:47
    What's the problem? If you don't like your politicians spending too much on personal things, vote for someone else.
  9. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 08:37
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Michelle Obama sends out letters via e-mail telling us to tighten our belts,, is she nuts, don't we lead by example, apparently not in her case...

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country th ...[text shortened]... how many she took to Spain, while the rest of us tighten our dam belts,,,GRRRR!
    Looks as though she is on course to rival Imelda Marcos.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 10:06

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country th ...[text shortened]... how many she took to Spain, while the rest of us tighten our dam belts,,,GRRRR!
    Is she proud to be an American yet?
  11. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 12:19
    There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense.
    Wow - Michelle Obama provides employment for more than twenty people who might otherwise be out of a job in these times of recession. Government spending creating jobs, just like J.M. Keynes said it would. She is setting an example to the world!
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 13:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What's the problem? If you don't like your politicians spending too much on personal things, vote for someone else.
    Come on, KN, you know that's not an argument. The same could be said for any policy at all.

You don't like politicians taking bribes? Vote for someone else.

You don't like politicians embezzling tax dollars? Vote for someone else

You don't like politicians who install the Vice President's former company in a key position in a newly occupied country? Vote for someone else

etc.

Michele Obama's needless enormous staff and the excessive vacationing is getting somewhat vexing, any way you slice it.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 13:09
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Wow - Michelle Obama provides employment for more than twenty people who might otherwise be out of a job in these times of recession. Government spending creating jobs, just like J.M. Keynes said it would. She is setting an example to the world!
    Then why doesn't she just create a staff of 10 million people and reduce unemployment to 0%?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 13:111 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Come on, KN, you know that's not an argument. The same could be said for any policy at all.

You don't like politicians taking bribes? Vote for someone else.

You don't like politicians embezzling tax dollars? Vote for someone else

You don't like politicians who install the Vice President's former company in a key position in a newly occupied country? Vo mous staff and the excessive vacationing is getting somewhat vexing, any way you slice it.
    Yes, well a law that limits the White House budget can be passed quite easily. If the electorate wants it, it will happen. I would be in favour of such a law, by the way.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 13:13
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, well a law that limits the White House budget can be passed quite easily. If the electorate wants it, it will happen. I would be in favour of such a law, by the way.
    Why would the democratic Congress pass a law targeting the staff of a Democratic President and why would President Obama sign a bill that targets his own staff?

It's easy to see "pass a law" for everything, but sooner or later, I think it's reasonable to ask our leaders to show some personal responsibility.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree