One more example of Liberals gone wild

One more example of Liberals gone wild

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
06 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
[b]It's hardly unusual to hear small-business owners gripe about licensing requirements or complain that heavy-handed regulations are driving them into the red.

So when Multnomah County shut down an enterprise last week for operating without a license, you might just sigh and say, there they go again.

Except[i] this entrepreneur was a 7-year-old named ...[text shortened]... d_runs_i.html

Go get her. She's an evil business owner who needs to be put in her place!
[/b][/i]one more example of someone rummaging through a huge pile of apples at a marketplace until they finally find a rotten one and then exclaiming "Look at THIS!!! I found a rotten apple!! This proves that every single apple here is rotten!!"

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 10

Originally posted by sh76
Why would the democratic Congress pass a law targeting the staff of a Democratic President and why would President Obama sign a bill that targets his own staff?

It's easy to see "pass a law" for everything, but sooner or later, I think it's reasonable to ask our leaders to show some personal responsibility.
For the same reason they would pass any law: because they think it might get them votes. Aren't they now implementing new laws in Britain in the aftermath of the expenses scandal?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Aug 10
1 edit

[b]It's hardly unusual to hear small-business owners gripe about licensing requirements or complain that heavy-handed regulations are driving them into the red.

So when Multnomah County shut down an enterprise last week for operating without a license, you might just sigh and say, there they go again.

Except this entrepreneur was a 7-year-old named ...[text shortened]... .html

Go get her. She's an evil business owner who needs to be put in her place!
[/b]
On the positive side, I heard she's eligible for a $180,000 bailout.

w

Moves
06 Aug 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
Michelle Obama sends out letters via e-mail telling us to tighten our belts,, is she nuts, don't we lead by example, apparently not in her case...

Michelle Obama's Free Staff at our expense - WTF?
Posted 11/11/09 Read all 16 comments +2Written by Dr. Paul L. Williams

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country th ...[text shortened]... how many she took to Spain, while the rest of us tighten our dam belts,,,GRRRR!
You are just one of those conservative nut jobs who thinks government should be fiscally responsible. Don't you know that the more they spend the better the economy will be?

Geesh!!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Aug 10

Fiscally responsible while cutting taxes (revenue). It makes so much sense!

E

Moves
06 Aug 10

Raising taxes does not necessarily revenue income for the government. Lowering taxes does not necessarliy decrease revenue fo the government. If lowering tax rates increases production, then taxing more production at a lower rate can increase revenue.

In the same way, increasing taxes which results in lowering economic activity could result in less revenue based on taxing less production at a higher rate.

Things aren't exactly linear here.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 10

Raising taxes does not necessarily revenue income for the government. Lowering taxes does not necessarliy decrease revenue fo the government. If lowering tax rates increases production, then taxing more production at a lower rate can increase revenue.

In the same way, increasing taxes which results in lowering economic activity could result in less revenue based on taxing less production at a higher rate.

Yeah, except that in every society in the world tax rates are below the Laffer curve maximum.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Aug 10

Yes, I am familiar with the Laffer curve.

E

Moves
06 Aug 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Yeah, except that in every society in the world tax rates are below the Laffer curve maximum.
When Ronald Reagan lowered tax rates, it resulted in raising revenues. True, tax rates were pretty high back then, but I would not think it was higher than many Europen nations.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 10

When Ronald Reagan lowered tax rates, it resulted in raising revenues. True, tax rates were pretty high back then, but I would not think it was higher than many Europen nations.
After correcting for inflation? I doubt it.

Reagan vastly increased the U.S. public debt.

E

Moves
06 Aug 10

After correct for inflation? We are only talking a year. Read this and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

Notice this is an official US government document.

HG

Moves
06 Aug 10
1 edit

Thanks for explaining that Eladar, not many people seem to recognize this fact...

HG

Moves
06 Aug 10

After correct for inflation? We are only talking a year. Read this and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

complete silence,,,, all the left wingers seem to have left now?

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 10
1 edit

I googled whoever wrote that.

This is the first hit you get:

http://www.factcheck.org/republican_economist_asks_retraction_but_our.html

Seems like lying about the effectiveness of tax cuts is this guy's raison d'être.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
06 Aug 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
complete silence,,,, all the left wingers seem to have left now?
Here's an analysis of what actually happened to tax revenue after Reagan cut marginal tax rates.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=119

Scroll down to the historical precedents section...