1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 15:031 edit
    @metal-brain said
    You have no idea how bad it is.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/w79RsPEIaNvw/
    Say you wake up and your favorite pair of shoes are missing. You look all over. Then you see your mean neighbor wearing a similar pair of shoes. You call the police and say your neighbor stole your shoes. Cops show up, find no evidence that your neighbor did that except to say he has a similar pair of shoes. That neighbor has the purchase receipt. Then the police find out that you've been doing this your whole life. Your Emmy was stolen and your primary caucus against Ted Cruz was stolen and and you call it stolen or rigged or fraudulent whenever you lose anything. You round up some buddies who also believe those shoes were stolen and break into the neighbors house and steal the shoes.

Who should the police believe?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 15:321 edit
    @wildgrass said
    It's downright Orwellian how the term "orwellian" is being misused of late.

DT Jr. says that “we are living Orwell’s 1984. Free-speech no longer exists in America. It died with big tech and what’s left is only there for a chosen few.” Nevermind the fact that he has an entire White House press corp and can go on Foxnews whenever he asks, or put their message out through a ...[text shortened]... orts reality? Or are people using this term who either haven't read the book or don't understand it?
    What's Orwellian is when a president feeds lies to a propaganda outlet, which feeds them to the general public and they believe them, and the president then cites his massive popularity has a certification of his lies. I.e., 'Millions of Americans are angry about the election.' Of course they are; it's not what it is, it became what he made it.

What's Orwellian is when a president accuses others of fraud when all the while HE is the perpetrator of the fraud. What's Orwellian is when a president who lost the election and attempted to steal it, accuses the other candidate, who legitimately won, of having stolen it. This is indeed "doublespeak": war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, fraud is fair.

The WH press secretaries spreading their 'alternative facts' became in effect Orwell's Ministry Of Truth. So, it's little wonder that Trump's mouthpieces employ doublespeak/doublethink when referring to 'orwellian' developments (such as restricting Trump's access to forums where he propagated doublespeak).
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 15:43
    @wildgrass said
    Say you wake up and your favorite pair of shoes are missing. You look all over. Then you see your mean neighbor wearing a similar pair of shoes. You call the police and say your neighbor stole your shoes. Cops show up, find no evidence that your neighbor did that except to say he has a similar pair of shoes. That neighbor has the purchase receipt. Then the police find out t ...[text shortened]... ere stolen and break into the neighbors house and steal the shoes.

Who should the police believe?
    . . . while plundering the neighbour's house, one of your buddies bludgeons the neighbour's cat to death and their jacuzzi is trashed. When the police show up, there is a shootout in which one policeman and a few of your buddies are killed.

Whom do you blame? The police? The neighbour? The cat? The Jacuzzi company? C'mon, there must somebody to pin the blame on here.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 15:44
    @moonbus said
    What's Orwellian is when a president feeds lies to a propaganda outlet, which feeds them to the general public and they believe them, and the president then cites his massive popularity has a certification of his lies. I.e., 'Millions of Americans are angry about the election.' Of course they are; it's not what it is, it became what he made it.

What's Orwellian is w ...[text shortened]... ellian' developments (such as restricting Trump's access to forums where he propagated doublespeak).
    According to Wikipedia the US population is about 320 million. At a guess it's quite likely that 1% of the population is angry about the election, which comes to around 3 million people. So the statement: "Millions of Americans are angry about the election." is liable to be true in a "So what?" kind of way.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:03
    @deepthought said
    According to Wikipedia the US population is about 320 million. At a guess it's quite likely that 1% of the population is angry about the election, which comes to around 3 million people. So the statement: "Millions of Americans are angry about the election." is liable to be true in a "So what?" kind of way.
    It's not "so what" any more when they have guns and are explicitly invited to come to DC on the very day that Congress puts the definitive stamp on the result of a disputed election, and they are told to 'take back' their country from people (Congressmen) who allegedly stole it from them, who are meeting a few yards down the road.
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:37
    @moonbus said

What's Orwellian is w ...[text shortened]... ellian' developments (such as restricting Trump's access to forums where he propagated doublespeak).
    So, it's little wonder that Trump's mouthpieces employ doublespeak/doublethink when referring to 'orwellian' developments (such as restricting Trump's access to forums where he propagated doublespeak).

Right. I'm awe of the idea that the doublespeak runs so deep that it extends all the way to the term 'orwellian' itself.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 16:48
    @deepthought said
    The problem is not 3 million people disagreeing with the outcome of the election.

The problem is 3 million brainwashed people, organised into groups and armed to the teeth, who are eager to fight and don’t care about facts.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 18:141 edit
    @moonbus said
    . . . while plundering the neighbour's house, one of your buddies bludgeons the neighbour's cat to death and their jacuzzi is trashed. When the police show up, there is a shootout in which one policeman and a few of your buddies are killed.

Whom do you blame? The police? The neighbour? The cat? The Jacuzzi company? C'mon, there must somebody to pin the blame on here.
    Clearly, it's your neighbors fault. He shouldn't have bought those shoes. And now it's time for unity.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 18:18
    @shavixmir said
    The problem is not 3 million people disagreeing with the outcome of the election.

The problem is 3 million brainwashed people, organised into groups and armed to the teeth, who are eager to fight and don’t care about facts.
    Both you and moonbus seem to be missing my point. It's possible to tell the truth in a misleading way. The statement: "Millions of Americans are angry about the election." is true, but it's potentially also a lie because 1% of the population is 3 million people. So if 1% of the population is angry about the outcome of the election, so what? I can't imagine that it's going to be overturned on the basis that a tiny minority isn't happy. That the Second Amendment is unfortunately worded and gives nutcases a right to tool themselves up beyond reason hardly stops our attitude to their "concerns" about the election result being one of: "So what?".
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 20:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 20:52
    @deepthought said
    Both you and moonbus seem to be missing my point. It's possible to tell the truth in a misleading way. The statement: "Millions of Americans are angry about the election." is true, but it's potentially also a lie because 1% of the population is 3 million people. So if 1% of the population is angry about the outcome of the election, so what? I can't imagine that it's g ...[text shortened]... on hardly stops our attitude to their "concerns" about the election result being one of: "So what?".
    I'm sure millions of people are angry because the earth isn't flat.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 22:49
    @wildgrass said
    I mean, anything's possible. How can you ever really know anything? In the end, 2+2 equals whatever makes you happy.
    At the moment, you believe what your politicians tell you what is 2+2. The proof is that judges appointed by the politicians judge it to be correct.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 23:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 23:571 edit
    @deepthought said
    Both you and moonbus seem to be missing my point. It's possible to tell the truth in a misleading way. The statement: "Millions of Americans are angry about the election." is true, but it's potentially also a lie because 1% of the population is 3 million people. So if 1% of the population is angry about the outcome of the election, so what? I can't imagine that it's g ...[text shortened]... on hardly stops our attitude to their "concerns" about the election result being one of: "So what?".
    I don’t think I am missing your point. I just don’t agree with it. Whatever percent of the population it is, whether 1 or 10 or 45, most of the people Trump appeals to were angry before he ran for president, but their anger had little focus. Trump focused it and became ‘popular’ thereby. Of course, he vastly over-estimated his popularity, and his defeat by about 7 million votes in 2020 is proof of that. What is not SO WHAT is how he turned anger into mass delusion about the electoral process itself, culminating in incitement to sedition to overturn the result by violence. This is not SO WHAT, whatever the percent is; this deeply concerning, how easily people were swayed to violence by systematic twisting of the truth over a four-year presidency. Not because the truth was suppressed or censored; but because it was ‘re-branded’ as fake news by the master of generating his own fake news. And THAT is orwellian.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 00:04
    @moonbus
    You are talking out of your rear end. You have no clue why people might support Trump. What makes you believe you have a clue why other people support Trump

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree