1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 05:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what would you like to nominate Obama for in the future? Are there any nominations that he deserves that have not been given as yet? I propose the following.

1. The Nobel Statist of the year award.
    2. The George W Bush think alike award.

Can anyone think of any more?
    Between these, #2.

His 2009 boy scout of the year is barely getting mention here. 😞
  2. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 05:48
    I vote for the not being like scumbag Bush award.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 11:54
    "Dreams From My Father", Best work of fiction ghost written by "a guy he barely knows" Bill Ayers.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 13:16
    The "I'll prosecute a war by not talking to my commander on the ground award and instead grovel for the Olympic games award"

The I hang with terrorist Bill Ayers whom I don't know just hang with award.

The trash America around the world then ask for the games award.

The I'll appoint a pervert to protect children from straights award.

The whine about foxnews award.

The Cy Young even if I throw like a girl award.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 23:241 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The "I'll prosecute a war by not talking to my commander on the ground award and instead grovel for the Olympic games award"

The I hang with terrorist Bill Ayers whom I don't know just hang with award.

The trash America around the world then ask for the games award.

The I'll appoint a pervert to protect children from straights award.

The whine about foxnews award.

The Cy Young even if I throw like a girl award.
    Each one of those can make their own thread, but since the first one is new to me I'll start with that.

YouTube
    Levin: General Shinseki, could you give us some idea as to the magnitude of the Army's force requirement for an occupation of Iraq following a successful completion of the war?
    Shinseki: In specific numbers, I would have to rely on combatant commanders' exact requirements. But I think --
    Levin: How about a range?
    Shinseki: I would say that what's been mobilized to this point -- something on the order of several hundred thousand soldiers are probably, you know, a figure that would be required. We're talking about posthostilities control over a piece of geography that's fairly significant, with the kinds of ethnic tensions that could lead to other problems. And so it takes a significant ground-force presence.

And all of this was quickly rejected by Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush administration. And soon thereafter GEN Shinseki "retired"

If that isn't the mother of all "holy crap I told you so"s, I don't know what is.

Can you please provide specifics and substantiate your accusation that Obama is acting contrary to the advise of currently serving Commanders on the ground?
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 04:51
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The William Ayers "terrorist are my friends" award.
    I'm appalled that some people think a Nobel Peace Prize should be given to Ronald Reagan -- an unrepentant terrorist who said "I am a Contra" on national TV and then later illegally sold weapons to Iran to finance terrorism in South America. Reagan also gave biological and chemical weapons to Iraqi president Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war, at the same time as illegally selling weapons to Iran. (Oh, and while he was doing this, he trashed Ford and Carter's good work on alternative energy while reducing the marginal corporate tax rate from 70% to 28% and increasing military spending by 92% during peacetime. Combined, these policies increased the profits of arms-manufacturing by not less than four times, and set the US up for future wars in the Middle-East over oil.)

Reagan was a far worse terrorist than William Ayers -- whom Obama has only a cursory association with, anyway.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 16:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what would you like to nominate Obama for in the future? Are there any nominations that he deserves that have not been given as yet? I propose the following.

1. The Nobel Statist of the year award.
    2. The George W Bush think alike award.

Can anyone think of any more?
    how about a nomination for whodey.

I propose the following.

1. most gullible fool on RHP
    2. biggest douche on RHP

can anyone think of any more?
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 16:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Each one of those can make their own thread, but since the first one is new to me I'll start with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xchyIeCQw
    [b]Levin:
    General Shinseki, could you give us some idea as to the magnitude of the Army's force requirement for an occupation of Iraq following a successful completion of the war?
    Shinseki: ...[text shortened]... bama is acting contrary to the advise of currently serving Commanders on the ground?
    40K troops requested, none forthcoming.

Here's other awards:

I am deaf during sermons by rev wrong award

the anything against Oabama is a rag since they don't fawn like the euroweenies award

the oprah book i haven't written award

the no new taxes for anyone under zero income award

the wear your condom while you're buggered by an older man award

the anti-free speech mark lloyd award

the give court appointed attorneys to dogs award

the holdren poison the water with sterilizant award

the opaque govt award

the transparency for others award

the trash america then expect the olympics award

the i won't release my transcript award

the community organizer award

the i don't know nuthin about ACORN award

the father phleger i hate america award

the mmm, mmm, mmm award

the usarmyparatrooper holy crap award

the worst blue jeans to throw a pitch like a girl award ( to go with the Cy Young)

the most controversial czar (commissar) in 9 months award

the throw the granmother undere= the bus award

the don't send money to poor relatives in Kenya award

the charity with other's money award

the smile while you lie award

the argue with noah wesbter over definition of tax award

the oscar for best movie about to be made award

the neville chamberlain stupid appeaser award

the biggest bamboozler award

the i almost closed gitmo award

the end the iraq not award

the screw up afghanistan award

the neglect presidential duties to grovel before the euroweenies award

the mess with local politics in NY award

the call the cops stupid in cambridge mass befoe knowing any facts award

the mess with honduras politics on the wrong side award

the call compelling life story simply because you went to the best schools in the bronx award

the i can do no wrong according to usarmyparatrooper award
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 16:58

Here's other awards:

the anything against Oabama is a rag since they don't fawn like the euroweenies award

the wear your condom while you're buggered by an older ...[text shortened]... schools in the bronx award

great post.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 17:04

Here's other awards:

the wear your condom while you're buggered by an older ...[text shortened]... schools in the bronx award

🙂 LOL You made my day with this post!
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '09 22:12

Here's other awards:

ok, even though I just wrote a post about the need for reconciliation between the extremes and to push the midldle... as far as comedy goes, some of these were pretty dang funny.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 06:46
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    ok, even though I just wrote a post about the need for reconciliation between the extremes and to push the midldle... as far as comedy goes, some of these were pretty dang funny.
    This is what I find funny. No political system I know with more than one party has parties which are so much alike as the US political system. Yet, you call for a further "push to the middle"!
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 08:261 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This is what I find funny. No political system I know with more than one party has parties which are so much alike as the US political system. Yet, you call for a further "push to the middle"!
    One has to bear in mind that "capitalism" and "democracy" are not synonymous. In some contexts and situations they can work in tandem very well, in others they can be mutually exclusive. In terms of politics, "capitalism" has good reason to 'seek' a reduction of choice or a restriction of options to a number of similar compatible variants.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    12 Oct '09 08:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    One has to bear in mind that "capitalism" and "democracy" are not synonymous. In some contexts and situations they can work in tandem very well, in others they can be mutually exclusive. In terms of politics, "capitalism" has good reason to 'seek' a reduction of choice or a restriction of options to a number of similar compatible variants.
    That is true. In fact, the democratic decision making process is very similar to the "regular" capitalistic market. This is why it is so important to promote competition in the democratic "market". Likewise, powerful parties in the democratic market will do what they can legally to stop new players from entering the market. This is why you need a constitution that guarantees a multipolar, multi-party political spectrum much like the economic free market cannot function without rules that ensure the game is played fairly.

Republicans and Democrats alike have ensured that the general populace adheres to the constitution as framed by the Founding Fathers, so that repairing their mistakes seems very distant indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree