1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 04:13
    @philokalia said
    Pat Buchanan does a terrific job in this video outling what amounts to the true, classical conservative position on foreign policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDf54QRCY4

... To try to explain it beyond a bit of what Pat was saying here, I think that a lot of the Neocon perspective came from the Cold War. There was the idea of WWII awakening a sleeping giant -- ...[text shortened]... d than you viewed a Bush.

Regardless, it is a decent video that you should consider listening to.
    Sorry, but what Pat Buchanan thinks about Syria is about as important to me as anything Hillary says is to you.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 05:46
    @philokalia said
    Pat Buchanan does a terrific job in this video outling what amounts to the true, classical conservative position on foreign policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDf54QRCY4

... To try to explain it beyond a bit of what Pat was saying here, I think that a lot of the Neocon perspective came from the Cold War. There was the idea of WWII awakening a sleeping giant -- ...[text shortened]... d than you viewed a Bush.

Regardless, it is a decent video that you should consider listening to.
    I just got done watching a documentary on Trump in which it showed Trump attacking once Presidential candidate Pat Buchannan for being a right winged cook and bigot for wanting to do such things as bring troops home and build a border wall. It gave me a chuckle.

Then when I see tapes with people like Obama and Hillary also echo similar desires to secure the border in the 1990's and bring troops home and then do a full circle the other way today, it reminds us of just how schizophrenic politicians seem to be. Were they bigoted then as well I wonder?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree