1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 01:06
    A growing number of republicans are urging Paul Ryan to run for speaker of the house. The good news for Paul is, should he become speaker, he would acquire far more political power than he had before. The bad news is, the GOP is almost 2 different political parties now, and trying to make peace between republican moderates and tea party members, and at the same time, moving legislation forward would seem like an impossible task. So, should Mr. Ryan run for speaker? If he wins will he be an effective one?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-urge-paul-ryan-jump-speakers-race/story?id=34356559
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 03:30
    The Republicans don't have any legislation proposed that deals with problems THAT ACTUALLY EXIST. If they continue to self-destruct, maybe they will become less obstructionist.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 16:561 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The Republicans don't have any legislation proposed that deals with problems THAT ACTUALLY EXIST. If they continue to self-destruct, maybe they will become less obstructionist.
    Now that's an interesting thought... 🙂
  4. Germany
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 17:00
    Doesn't Ryan have some (long term) presidential ambitions? I don't think he wants to commit political suicide by becoming Speaker.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '15 23:18
    If Paul Ryan becomes speaker, then there will be no change. It will be establishment government just like under the cry baby.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree