1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 05:49
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/mike-pence-email-lawsuit/index.html?sr=fbcnni111516mike-pence-email-lawsuit0220AMStoryLink&linkId=31158870
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 09:45
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/mike-pence-email-lawsuit/index.html?sr=fbcnni111516mike-pence-email-lawsuit0220AMStoryLink&linkId=31158870
    Funny how I don't see any Republicans willing to spend seven million dollars putting Pence through a witch hunt.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 11:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Funny how I don't see any Republicans willing to spend seven million dollars putting Pence through a witch hunt.
    If there is dirt there, that is where Trump needs to start.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 13:08
    Not to worry, James Comey said he is hot on the case!
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:44
    Yes, claiming executive privilege against a freedom of information request is precisely the same thing as using a private unsecure email server to communicate classified information.

🙄🙄🙄🙄
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Vice President-elect Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal challenge stemming from his decision to withhold information from a public records request in a case local Democrats say raises the specter of the Indiana governor shielding all of his emails from public view.

It's a bit ironic as Pence, along with running mate President-elect Donald Trump blasted their way into the White House in part by hammering away at Democrat Hillary Clinton's own email scandal.

Pence's lawyers have argued, in part, that a state court decision protecting state lawmakers from releasing their own records should also apply to his office.

The hysterical anti-Trump tone being used by the mainstream media even in their "news" articles since the election is amusing.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    [quote]Vice President-elect Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal challenge stemming from his decision to withhold information from a public records request in a case local Democrats say raises the specter of the Indiana governor shielding all of his emails from public view.

[b][i]It's a bit ironic as Pence, along with running mate President-elect Donald Trump ...[text shortened]... being used by the mainstream media even in their "news" articles since the election is amusing.
    The media got Trump elected.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:341 edit
    [quote]Vice President-elect Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal challenge stemming from his decision to withhold information from a public records request in a case local Democrats say raises the specter of the Indiana governor shielding all of his emails from public view.

[b][i]It's a bit ironic as Pence, along with running mate President-elect Donald Trump ...[text shortened]... being used by the mainstream media even in their "news" articles since the election is amusing.
    So your response to your party's chosen leaders' act of hypocrisy is to put blame on the source?
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 16:281 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    So your response to your party's chosen leaders' act of hypocrisy is to put blame on the source?
    No, my response is that the two issues are not comparable at all (other than, perhaps, that they both involve email) as I said above.

The post you quoted was merely an observation.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 17:46
    No, my response is that the two issues are not comparable at all (other than, perhaps, that they both involve email) as I said above.

Well I think they're also comparable in that Clinton's motivation was her obsession with privacy and to elude FOIA.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 17:48
    Yes, claiming executive privilege against a freedom of information request is precisely the same thing as using a private unsecure email server to communicate classified information.

🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Did Pence lie about it repeatedly and then use bleach bit and then destroy the servers?
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 19:001 edit

They don't have to be exactly the same; both involve charges of illegal or corrupt actions involving emails. Quibbling over the fact the the details aren't the same doesn't change the fact that conservatives would've buried Hillary for doing the same as Pence.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 19:07
    They don't have to be exactly the same; both involve charges of illegal or corrupt actions involving emails. Quibbling over the fact the the details aren't the same doesn't change the fact that conservatives would've buried Hillary for doing the same as Pence.
    They aren't parallel situations.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 19:14
    === Quibbling over the fact the the details aren't the same doesn't change the fact that conservatives would've buried Hillary for doing the same as Pence. ===

I'm quibbling over the fact that the situations are barely comparable, not that the "details aren't the same."
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 19:16
    Well I think they're also comparable in that Clinton's motivation was her obsession with privacy and to elude FOIA.
    The governor of Indiana doesn't have access to the same kind of classified information as does the Secretary of State.

Surely we can agree that this salient different shows the lack of comparability of the situations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree