1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    21 Aug '11 22:36
    An article from the Houston Chronicle about Slick Rick Scary Perry slamming science for political gain.

http://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/article/Perry-s-global-warming-statements-put-politics-2134114.php

"Texas governor and newly minted Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry ventured out of our state's record drought and heat to campaign in the cooler climes of New Hampshire last week.

At a breakfast, he fielded a question about his skeptical stance on man-made global warming from a former GOP state legislator, Jim Rubens. In Perry's recent book, Fed Up, the governor described climate change as a "contrived, phony mess."

Rubens posed this query: If the National Academy of Sciences and observed scientific data supporting global warming are wrong, doesn't that call into question "the entire science discovery process that forms the foundation of a hundred years of America's technological prominence"?

In response, Perry made two controversial claims. He said a substantial number of climate scientists have doctored their data in favor of global warming "so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects." He further stated that more scientists are coming forward weekly or even daily to question human-induced global warming.

On both counts, the governor is the one fabricating the data. There's been no evidence that the thousands of climatologists involved in documenting climate change around the world have falsified findings for financial reward. On the other hand, there's a lot of evidence that some prominent climate skeptics have ties to political groups and economic interests opposed to measures to reduce industrial output of greenhouse gasses that fuel atmospheric warming.

As to the supposed stream of experts denouncing global warming theory, a climatologist from Perry's alma mater, Texas A&M, begs to differ. Andrew Dessler told the Texas Climate News that no Texas atmospheric scientists have come out as skeptics, and only a handful worldwide dispute the reality of human-induced climate change.

Seems to us that when it comes to manipulating climate facts for personal gain, Perry is the guilty party."
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 09:542 edits
    We keep hearing that there are no skeptics (that question whether humans cause global warming) out there.

We've been hearing it for years.

Article: 17,200 Scientists Dispute Global Warming (that was in 2007)

http://digitaljournal.com/article/162241

When Ted Danson said (in the late 1980s) that we only have ten years left to save the planet, that should have been your first clue.

Algore said the same thing in January of 2006. We now have 4 years, 5 months and 5 days left (per the man himself). That's probably why he was so ticked off the other day he couldn't help himself.
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 10:04
    Do they list the names of all 17,200 scientists?

http://royalsociety.org/uploadedFiles/Royal_Society_Content/News_and_Issues/Science_Issues/Climate_change/climate_facts_and_fictions.pdf
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    We keep hearing that there are no skeptics (that question whether humans cause global warming) out there. [...] Article: 17,200 Scientists Dispute Global Warming (that was in 2007)
    Aren't there approximately 26,000,000 scientists in the world?

We keep hearing that there are no skeptics (that question whether humans cause global warming) out there.

Who claims "that there are no skeptics"? I have never heard that claim made by anyone.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 12:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Aren't there approximately 26,000,000 scientists in the world?

[b]We keep hearing that there are no skeptics (that question whether humans cause global warming) out there.

Who claims "that there are no skeptics"? I have never heard that claim made by anyone.[/b]
    There are many. I am one of them. Climate studies aren't my field. One wonders how many of those "17,000" are "scientists" in the same sense as me.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 14:23
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There are many. I am one of them. Climate studies aren't my field. One wonders how many of those "17,000" are "scientists" in the same sense as me.
    The discovery of deliberate fraud in the global warming movement, along with the conspiracy to rip off most of the people in the world dependent on carbon based energy leaves the global warming crowd a mighty big hill to climb to regain the moral high ground.

That combined with recent data showing a ten year pattern of cooling tends to make a lot of people think that perhaps the global warming was more a natural fluctuation than a man made disaster.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree