Pick your country & battle, where large numbers fail

Pick your country & battle, where large numbers fail

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
08 Aug 10

As has been posted, large numbers don't always equal victory. Sometimes they do, as some mentioned the zulu victory over the british, they surprised a small british force with a large Zulu force, but then the british came back with another invasion force that was better matched in size and still the same technological advantages and made quick work for the remaining forces.

In economics, China has a large, poor economy of many lower income people who are no longer dirt poor, just lower middle class poor workers, and a lot more wealthy people of course. Their billion + population and 2nd largest economy in the world demonstrates its large size, but not yet any impressive per-capita achievements like the economy of Japan or that of South Korea.

In Battle who's victory agbainst overwhelmingly larger forces is more notable than the Persian vs Greek Wars when Xerxes overwhelmed the greeks eventually at Thermopylae but then the Greeks destroyed the Persians in the Battles of Salamis, Plataea, and Mycale.

A tiny greek island nation of syracuse held off the romans with the help of his improved siege weapons.

India, like China, is a poor but growing country with over a billion people. They do not live there like most people in developed European or American states.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Aug 10

Soviets vs Afghanistan

K

Germany

Moves
09 Aug 10
1 edit

I will pretend to be nationalistic and mention the defeat of the Spanish armada by the Dutch during the Eighty Years' War.

HG

Moves
10 Aug 10
1 edit

Murphy's ridge..... Afghanistan..... Taliban VS 4 navy Seals

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/06/navy_sealbook_070618w/

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
10 Aug 10

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
Murphy's ridge..... Afghanistan..... Taliban VS 4 navy Seals

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/06/navy_sealbook_070618w/
It looks to me like the Seals lost that one.