1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 14:22
    Plastic is becoming a big problem for the environment.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/deepest-ocean-trenches-animals-eat-plastic/583657/

Since global warming is mostly from natural causes we should not be talking about a carbon tax, we should be considering a plastic tax. That is a bigger problem.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 16:09
    @metal-brain said

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/deepest-ocean-trenches-animals-eat-plastic/583657/

Since global warming is mostly from natural causes we should not be talking about a carbon tax, we should be considering a plastic tax. That is a bigger problem.
    "SINCE" GW is a nature problem, therefore mankind is off the hook.

You continue your main deceit. Mankind is so insignificant he could not POSSIBLY be causing planet wide problems.

You are so full of shyte you can't recognize the color brown anymore.
    When presented with evidence, you just poo poo such evidence or move the goalpost saying look at the past 5 million years ago and that PROVES mankind doesn't cause GW.
    All total bullshyte. It is you and your ilk will cause the GW to affect billions of people in the next 100 or 200 years and when we COULD have done something about it, you and your ilk causes political ill will and nothing gets done, we continue to shlt in our own backyards, run coal forever, since mankind cannot POSSIBLY be responsible.
    One thing, if it is not dealt with, GW will in fact cease to be a problem in a couple of thousand years when mankind is reduced back to cave man territory.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 17:09
    @metal-brain said

Good grief.

Although, I guess we should be happy that you at least see plastic as an ever growing problem.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 17:11
    @metal-brain said

Let's solve both problems.
    Simple, right ?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 17:34
    @metal-brain said

How does a tax solve the plastic problem? If it isn't such a ridiculously large percentage as to curb usage, then how does it solve the problem? Or is your goal to impose such a large tax?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 18:24
    @metal-brain said

That depends on what the revenue is spent on of course.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 19:01
    @joe-shmo said
    How does a tax solve the plastic problem? If it isn't such a ridiculously large percentage as to curb usage, then how does it solve the problem? Or is your goal to impose such a large tax?
    How is a carbon tax going to solve anything?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 19:04
    @sonhouse said
    "SINCE" GW is a nature problem, therefore mankind is off the hook.

You continue your main deceit. Mankind is so insignificant he could not POSSIBLY be causing planet wide problems.

You are so full of shyte you can't recognize the color brown anymore.
    When presented with evidence, you just poo poo such evidence or move the goalpost saying look at the past 5 million ye ...[text shortened]... se to be a problem in a couple of thousand years when mankind is reduced back to cave man territory.
    You have had a lot of time to prove it using sea level rise on the science forum and you cannot do it. Why do you keep repeating myths like a parrot even though you have repeatedly failed to prove your gossip to be correct.

Gossip is not proof. Prove it using sea level rise. You are constantly failing and despite that you still think there is proof of something you cannot find proof for. Failure is not proof. You are being ignorant.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 19:07
    @shavixmir said
    Good grief.

Although, I guess we should be happy that you at least see plastic as an ever growing problem.
    Good grief. Go to the science forum and read my thread called "sea level rise". Present your proof there if you can. Everyone else has failed but give it a try. It will be good for a laugh.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 19:281 edit
    @metal-brain said
    How is a carbon tax going to solve anything?
    Oh, you weren't being serious about a plastic tax. For the record, I do think plastic in the ocean is a serious issue.

Also for the record, an American plastic tax would be completely absurd. A minuscule percentage of plastic waste in the worlds oceans is American. Why should Americans foot the bill for the cleanup of everyone else's plastic trash.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 20:10
    @joe-shmo said
    Why should Americans foot the bill for the cleanup of everyone else's plastic trash.
    Because they can?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 20:421 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Good grief. Go to the science forum and read my thread called "sea level rise". Present your proof there if you can. Everyone else has failed but give it a try. It will be good for a laugh.
    I just did; the NASA graph you cited to shows an accelerated rise of sea level just as global warming due to increases in greenhouse gas emissions over the last 140 years would predict.

Your graph reading skills could use some work.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 21:552 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    half a mm/year in 1900, one in 1930, 3 in 2018, by your own study published by NASA. You should have chosen another one that follows your POV.
    Besides that, your idea of a plastic tax is nothing but rewashed sarcasm and you know it. Since you don't think a carbon tax will help you just move the goalposts to pose a strawman.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 22:08
    @joe-shmo said
    Oh, you weren't being serious about a plastic tax. For the record, I do think plastic in the ocean is a serious issue.

Also for the record, an American plastic tax would be completely absurd. A minuscule percentage of plastic waste in the worlds oceans is American. Why should Americans foot the bill for the cleanup of everyone else's plastic trash.
    Same thing with co2 emissions. Kind of pointless isn't it?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 22:29
    @no1marauder said
    I just did; the NASA graph you cited to shows an accelerated rise of sea level just as global warming due to increases in greenhouse gas emissions over the last 140 years would predict.

Your graph reading skills could use some work.
    You did nothing of the sort. You also lied about me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree