Policies that Help to Hide the Ineffectiveness of the Vaccine

Policies that Help to Hide the Ineffectiveness of the Vaccine

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
29 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
Šavikšmir is proud that he or she has discussed these issues already 19 months. One thinks that everything is explained already in these discussions.

Unfortunately, my essay tackled the questions of compulsory vaccination, vaccination passports and the idea proposed that unvaccinated people should be left without medical help. These issues have been on the table in the l ...[text shortened]... some people who are talking "in the name of science" are really unscientific and incompetent indeed.
You are making perfect sense. Don't let the trolls get to you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
As well one could declare that you are a paedophile, a raper or a serial killer. In both cases, no evidence whatsoever and no relation whatsoever to the comments or the posts.

Red Hot Pawn fails to take down systematic spammers from the forum.
I am afraid I will not recommend that platform to chessplayers, therefore.
Now explain what the forums have to do with chess playing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Oct 21

@EintaluJ
I don't think all that speculation has much pull for the ultraright here, FREEDOM is the mantra there. Nothing to do with civic duty at all. Just FREEDOM.

What is going on here in the US is the latest fight over states rights V Fed rights and power.

The states run by republicans are passing hundreds of bills to slow down colored voters AND trying to change the rules governing electors, where they look at the result, "A DEM WON?" Hey Virge, get the gang together, we have some work to do, we can't have stupid DEMS win, can we?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Oct 21

@woofwoof said
As if on queue and in time for Halloween: Someone has summoned the "Ghost of Duchess64".

😳
Haha you’d have thought we would’ve heard the coffin lid creaking at least.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
@sonhouse
"For one thing, the Corona virus is not just ONE type."

- I know this. Nothing in my essay assumes that there is only one coronavirus. However, there are perhaps only a few such coronaviruses that are able to infect human beings.

"Now they have been studied very well for more than 10 years and that is what allowed the speedy production of C19 vaccines."

...[text shortened]... I will not read your comment till the end, enough is enough. Too many mistakes in too few sentences.
It’s been explained before that the ‘time’ required to develop and test a vaccine is not measured in linear ‘time’ but rather ‘the man hours’ (apologies to the females here for use of the generic) dedicated to it.
Given the global effort to develop and test these vaccines it would very strange if that ‘time’ was not shortened considerably.
The only conclusion I can make is that you are not very bright or that you are in fact pushing an anti vax agenda, or both.

Z

Moves
29 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
The probability that the infected person who is hospitalized was earlier vaccinated is not the same thing as the probability that the vaccinated person will be infected and end up in the hospital. If A means "infected and hospitalized" and B means "vaccinated", then the following equation for conditional probabilities generally does NOT hold:

P(A/B) = P(B/A)

For examp ...[text shortened]... under the name of "science", where the list of initial data is incomplete to check the calculations.
What percentage of vaccinated people die vs what percentage of unvaccinated die?

What percentage of vaccinated end up in intensive care? What percentage of unvaccinated end up in intensive care?

"For example, in Estonia, right now, 1/3 of people infected with Covid and hospitalized are vaccinated. It does NOT mean that 1/3 of the vaccinated people are infected and hospitalized. "
Ofc not. Many who are vaccinated develop no or only mild symptoms and don't need to be hospitalized. Because they are vaccinated.

"However, my (and not only mine) personal opinion is that the effectiveness of the vaccine has been overestimated in official propaganda and, therefore, the vaccinated people have been made less careful."
It hasn't been overestimated "in the official propaganda", it has been misunderstood by people smart enough to get vaccinated and ignorant enough to realize that wearing masks and maintaining distance and not licking every street light is STILL something that you should do. And then, ofc, used as a tool for real propaganda by the dumber people who never got vaccinated to justify not getting vaccinated: "See, they get sick too, even with the vaccine".

I've decided i enjoy you for now. You kind of also say nothing in your posts just like the other right wingers, but you say nothing in such a classy manner. It's a breath of fresh air in this stale dumpster of a forum. I will abstain from "slandering" you until this is no longer fun.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
29 Oct 21

@sonhouse said
@EintaluJ
I don't think all that speculation has much pull for the ultraright here, FREEDOM is the mantra there. Nothing to do with civic duty at all. Just FREEDOM.

What is going on here in the US is the latest fight over states rights V Fed rights and power.

The states run by republicans are passing hundreds of bills to slow down colored voters AND trying to change t ...[text shortened]... " Hey Virge, get the gang together, we have some work to do, we can't have stupid DEMS win, can we?
1 + 1 = 2. There is no need to politicize it. There is no need to deny that equation even if Putin himself says so.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
29 Oct 21

@kevcvs57 said
It’s been explained before that the ‘time’ required to develop and test a vaccine is not measured in linear ‘time’ but rather ‘the man hours’ (apologies to the females here for use of the generic) dedicated to it.
Given the global effort to develop and test these vaccines it would very strange if that ‘time’ was not shortened considerably.
The only conclusion I can make is that you are not very bright or that you are in fact pushing an anti vax agenda, or both.
You can not shorten, for example, testing of long-lasting effects of the vaccine.
For example, Pfizer's vaccine is experimental not only in time (all coronavirus vaccines are comparatively new now), but it also uses an experimental technology. The long-lasting effects of that technology are not yet known, yet many people demand in effect compulsory vaccination with that substance.

"The only conclusion I can make is that you are not very bright or that you are in fact pushing an anti vax agenda, or both."

I am not answering to you but to the auditory, trying to defend the readers from the harmful influence of your demagogical propaganda.

As I have noticed on Hed Rot Pawn forums already several times before, people like you are so "bright" that they never define sufficiently exactly, what is the meaning of their term

"anti-vaxxer"

It is highly important in such debates, as their demagoguery is based on that confusion. Their arguments are in essence slandering and distorting the positions of their opponents.

For example: being against compulsory vaccinations does not make anyone being an anti-vaxxer. Being against some particular vaccine does not mean being against all vaccines. Being against vaccination of children, who do not belong to the risk group, does not make anyone being against all vaccinations.

If one prefers one of two Russian vaccines that are traditional to Pfizer's non-traditional vaccine, it does not make one an anti-vaxxer.

Thus, insofar, everything you have said in the present thread has been complete nonsense.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
29 Oct 21

@zahlanzi said
What percentage of vaccinated people die vs what percentage of unvaccinated die?

What percentage of vaccinated end up in intensive care? What percentage of unvaccinated end up in intensive care?

"For example, in Estonia, right now, 1/3 of people infected with Covid and hospitalized are vaccinated. It does NOT mean that 1/3 of the vaccinated people are infected and hosp ...[text shortened]... in this stale dumpster of a forum. I will abstain from "slandering" you until this is no longer fun.
"You kind of also say nothing in your posts just like the other right wingers, but you say nothing in such a classy manner. It's a breath of fresh air in this stale dumpster of a forum. I will abstain from "slandering" you until this is no longer fun."

You are undereducated to participate in such discussion, nor have you talent to grasp things even without the background education. You are confusing conditional sentences with factual sentences and mathematical relations with factual sentences. Also, you are systematically introducing political issues, politicizing intellectual arguments. Finally, you are systematically using Argumentum Ad Hominem, absolutely arbitrarily attributing political views and other beliefs to other people. Taking into account your uncivilized manner of discussion, it is surprising you are talking as if you represent science or the scientific method.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
"You kind of also say nothing in your posts just like the other right wingers, but you say nothing in such a classy manner. It's a breath of fresh air in this stale dumpster of a forum. I will abstain from "slandering" you until this is no longer fun."

You are undereducated to participate in such discussion, nor have you talent to grasp things even without the background ...[text shortened]... f discussion, it is surprising you are talking as if you represent science or the scientific method.
Hey, a lie is still a lie, no matter how much education you claim you have.

"Uncivilized." Tell that to your political allies here.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
30 Oct 21

"In sum, some people implement the vaccine passports policy and advertise to implement the policy of letting unvaccinated people without medical treatment. However, these people are implementing or trying to enforce such policies that could help hide the vaccine’s actual ineffectiveness. They are saying that the vaccine is effective and, therefore, they suggest their policies. These policies, however, make it difficult, if not impossible, to evaluate the actual effectiveness.

Therefore, an alternative explanation of their policies would be that the vaccine is ineffective, and they are trying to hide it using such approaches that blur the statistics.

I do not assert that this hypothesis is true. However, the initial probability of that hypothesis is nonzero. Moreover, it is far from being my fault if some people are pressing policies making the statistics nontransparent."

- This is what I said.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 21

@eintaluj said
"In sum, some people implement the vaccine passports policy and advertise to implement the policy of letting unvaccinated people without medical treatment. However, these people are implementing or trying to enforce such policies that could help hide the vaccine’s actual ineffectiveness. They are saying that the vaccine is effective and, therefore, they suggest their policie ...[text shortened]... f some people are pressing policies making the statistics nontransparent."

- This is what I said.
Spamming the thread with your argument doesn't make your argument any better.

Z

Moves
30 Oct 21
1 edit

@eintaluj said

You are undereducated to participate in such discussion, nor have you talent to grasp things even without the background ...[text shortened]... f discussion, it is surprising you are talking as if you represent science or the scientific method.
lots of words to express the fact that you think i am stupid. And none of them dedicated to my very simple questions.

I appreciate the effort you put into it.

"You are confusing conditional sentences with factual sentences and mathematical relations with factual sentences"
And you're responding to my accusation that you said nothing with a lot of words by saying you totally meant to say nothing.

"Finally, you are systematically using Argumentum Ad Hominem, absolutely arbitrarily attributing political views and other beliefs to other people"
Heh another one who doesn't understand what ad hominem is

Welcome to the forum. Like i said i think i am going to enjoy you

MB

Moves
30 Oct 21

@suzianne said
Hey, a lie is still a lie, no matter how much education you claim you have.

"Uncivilized." Tell that to your political allies here.
You are one of the biggest liars on here.

PhD

Tallinn

Moves
31 Oct 21

@suzianne said
Spamming the thread with your argument doesn't make your argument any better.
In so far, the opponents like you here have NOT criticized my arguments but DISTORTED them. Therefore, I regard it reasonable to remind what did I actually argue. It is not for out/of/context disputants like you but to other readers: keep your arguments of the text close to the original text and its meaning.