Promotional advertising

Promotional advertising

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
21 Jun 18

I noticed this story in the Guardian Website while doing some background reading for Duchess's Syria thread. I really think offering a life times supply of burgers to anyone who gets themselves up the duff by a World Cup Star is a little bit beyond what might be thought of as good ethics. Do advertisers have any kind of grip on reality?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/20/burger-king-world-cup-pregnant-offer-apology-russian

D

Moves
21 Jun 18

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
21 Jun 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
>What relation could this possibly have to my thread about Yemen?

It doesn't, but most online news sites advertise other stories on the pages they display and I saw it when looking at one of the stories about Yemen. It's extraneous information.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
21 Jun 18

Surely, this promotion could be criticized for being sexist and ageist, appealing only to
women of child-bearing age. It reinforces the trope that, after winning on the sports
field or the battlefield, victorious men should expect sexual access to women as a prize.

So, you're going to lodge your complaint about it here? Why don't you tell the Russians about it? They are the ones who did this.

D

Moves
21 Jun 18
1 edit

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

Maybe he accidentally did a headlines search for "Semen."