1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 14:151 edit
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/02/amazon-announces-it-will-boost-minimum-wage-all-workers-after-facing-criticism/?utm_term=.96edec8131d0

After endless criticism from Sanders toward Amazon and Soros for hoarding wealth at the expense of workers, Amazon announced it's raising minimum wage to 15 an hour.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 17:47
    Originally posted by @vivify
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/02/amazon-announces-it-will-boost-minimum-wage-all-workers-after-facing-criticism/?utm_term=.96edec8131d0

After endless criticism from Sanders toward Amazon and Soros for hoarding wealth at the expense of workers, Amazon announced it's raising minimum wage to 15 an hour.
    Good news. Bezos is a greedy pig who never would have done the right thing without being pressured.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Good news. Bezos is a greedy pig who never would have done the right thing without being pressured.
    Actually it works in his favor. Now that he is the top dog, all he has to do is drive up costs to help keep competitors away.

He now has a monopoly of sorts.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 00:51
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Bezos is a greedy pig
    Yes. For some reason I said Soros. I meant Bezos.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 09:10
    @whodey said
    Actually it works in his favor. Now that he is the top dog, all he has to do is drive up costs to help keep competitors away.

He now has a monopoly of sorts.
    Peter Schiff said the same thing, but he says Bezos will lobby congress to raise minimum wage to do that. If that is what he has planned I don't see a problem with it. At least wages will rise, although it should happen because of increased demand for workers instead of artificially raising wages.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 10:30
    @metal-brain said
    At least wages will rise, although it should happen because of increased demand for workers instead of artificially raising wages.
    That's not how corporations work. An increased demand for workers mean less profits. Corporations always have and always will find a way cut costs of human labor.

This is why so man companies outsource to countries where they run sweatshops for pennies a day. This is why Amazon started using drones to deliver packages, or why McDonald's started implementing self-serve kiosks.

Corporations don't care about the people needed to make their company work. If business can find a way to cut out people (or pay them less), they always will. This is why we need people like Sanders; people who care about common person, rather than giving rich people tax breaks, who end up firing thousands of workers anyway.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:50
    @vivify said
    That's not how corporations work. An increased demand for workers mean less profits. Corporations always have and always will find a way cut costs of human labor.

This is why so man companies outsource to countries where they run sweatshops for pennies a day. This is why Amazon started using drones to deliver packages, or why McDonald's started implementing self-serve ...[text shortened]... on person, rather than giving rich people tax breaks, who end up firing thousands of workers anyway.
    I agree. Outsourcing keeps wages suppressed and so does the VISA Lottery. The elites even have the Federal Reserve System put the brakes on the economy before wages can rise enough to keep up with inflation.

The corruption is unreal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree