Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    19 Dec '10 04:56 / 3 edits
    If you understand the fractional banking system at all we really need to give our heads a shake at this one....

    We the working population give our money to the banks to hold for safe keeping. They keep 10% of our money in their vault and give the other 90% of our money to other people. Those people didn't give it back so the banks came back to us and said the following:

    Banks: " Since we've lost 90% of the money you gave us, we need you to give us more money to pay you back."

    Us: "Uh, pardon?"

    Banks: "Yes, we need it now or else we'll have to close and you'll only get 10% of your money back. Once you give us more money, we'll keep 10% and give the other 90% to other people, again."

    Us: "Um, aren't you just doing exactly the same thing you did the last time you lost our money?"

    Banks: "Yes, but if you don't do it, the whole financial system will collapse and you'll be up the creek and will have no money"

    Us: "ok, fine. But one problem. We don't have any money to give you"

    Banks: " That's ok, you can just borrow money...not from us of course since we don't have any...you'll have to borrow the money from foreigners and also pay them interest which will mean you are actually borrowing even more."

    Us: "well, will you at least pay the interest for us?"

    Banks: "Hell no, that's your problem. Now give us your borrowed money so we can give it to other people and charge them interest on your borrowed money that you have to pay interest on."

    Us: "This doesn't sound like a fair deal if you ask me".

    Banks: "Bloody peasants...hurry up or i'll miss my Christmas bonus"
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    20 Dec '10 04:31
    Originally posted by uzless
    If you understand the fractional banking system at all we really need to give our heads a shake at this one....

    We the working population give our money to the banks to hold for safe keeping. They keep 10% of our money in their vault and give the other 90% of our money to other people. Those people didn't give it back so the banks came back to us and sai ...[text shortened]... Bloody peasants...hurry up or i'll miss my Christmas bonus"
    Yes...a pretty accurate decription of what's happened. On top of that, most in the Conservative wing think these people who've done such a poor job managing our money deserve a big tax break on top of there over inflated pay and huge bonus's!