1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '14 17:43
    Now that illegals are legal, does this mean they have to buy into Obamacare? Do employers have to worry about covering employees who work?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '14 18:511 edit
    Court ruling challenges Obama immigration action

In a ruling that could short-circuit one of President Obama’s executive actions on immigration, a federal court has allowed U.S. tech workers to challenge extensions of foreign laborers’ status here.

The case of Washington Alliance of Technology Workers v. the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has “major implications” for the president’s ability to expand the number of work visas and the terms or durations of those visas, said Dale Wilcox, executive director of the Immigration Reform Law Institute.

The lawsuit was brought by attorney John Miano and IRLI on behalf of several displaced American workers.

Foreign students or recent graduates can use student F-1 visas to take jobs through OPT. Employers don’t have to pay them a prevailing wage, and they are exempt from Medicare and Social Security taxes, making OPT workers “inherently cheaper” than U.S. workers, the lawsuit argues.

Huvelle ruled that the IT plaintiffs with degrees in computer programming “were in direct and current competition with OPT students on a STEM extension. This competition resulted in concrete and particularized injury.”

Court ruling challenges Obama immigration action Watchdog.org

This should prove to be interesting. I can see this going to the SCOTUS. It will join the case on Obamacare.

It appears that Obama is trying to give all jobs to illegals.....er....um.....illegal legals.

http://watchdog.org/185284/obama-tech-immigration/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree