1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:19
    "This decision basically gives the multinational corporations owned by foreign entities [the right] to pour unlimited funds into the pockets of corrupt corporate backed politicians to attack everything this country stands for. We might as well be able to vote for Disney or the SEIU as President of the United States of America." - Texas Tea Party activist, Shane Brooks criticizing the supreme court.

So my question for Republics is simple - why do you stand up for foreign corporations and support corruption at the expense of living, breathing citizens?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:20
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republics

A republic is a form of government in which the head of state is not a monarch[1] and the people (or at least a part of its people)[2] have an impact on its government.[3][4] The word 'republic' is derived from the Latin phrase res publica, which can be translated as "a public affair".
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:24
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republics

A republic is a form of government in which the head of state is not a monarch[1] and the people (or at least a part of its people)[2] have an impact on its government.[3][4] The word 'republic' is derived from the Latin phrase res publica, which can be translated as "a public affair".
    Yep, use any excuse to avoid answering the question.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:33
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    "This decision basically gives the multinational corporations owned by foreign entities [the right] to pour unlimited funds into the pockets of corrupt corporate backed politicians to attack everything this country stands for. We might as well be able to vote for Disney or the SEIU as President of the United States of America." - Texas Tea Party activist ...[text shortened]... for foreign corporations and support corruption at the expense of living, breathing citizens?
    What are you talking about?

Are you citing the Tea Party activist to ask why someone would defend the Supreme Court's ruling? Aren't the Tea Party activists generally a subset of the Republican party? Who's the "good guy" here? The tea party activist? Who's the bad guy in your question? The Supreme Court?

Who said anything about supporting corruption? Does your question assume the very thing that you're trying to argue?

Please, by all means, explain what you're talking about.

And, what's with the "Republic" stuff? If that retaliation for Rush Limbaugh's "Democrat party" or something?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 Feb '10 18:33
    you haven't asked me a question. you've asked the Republics, and you'll wait a d--n long time for them to answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree