1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 04:21
    Predictably, our Supreme Leader has decided to suppress the Democratic rebuttal memo to the Nunes' one he released in a blink of an eye last week. Seems the Dems have too much "classified" material showing why the surveillance of Carter Page was justified. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/trump-blocks-release-of-memo-rebutting-republican-claims.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I'm sure Mott and the rest will insist in "transparency" and condemn this suppression of the facts no matter what Hannity and the rest of the right wing mutants say.

Release the Memo!
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 04:23
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Predictably, our Supreme Leader has decided to suppress the Democratic rebuttal memo to the Nunes' one he released in a blink of an eye last week. Seems the Dems have too much "classified" material showing why the surveillance of Carter Page was justified. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/trump-blocks-release-of-memo-rebutting-republican-c ...[text shortened]... he facts no matter what Hannity and the rest of the right wing mutants say.

Release the Memo!
    Yeah, I'm not surprised at all.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 23:26
    Predictably, our Supreme Leader has decided to suppress the Democratic rebuttal memo to the Nunes' one he released in a blink of an eye last week. Seems the Dems have too much "classified" material showing why the surveillance of Carter Page was justified. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/trump-blocks-release-of-memo-rebutting-republican-c ...[text shortened]... he facts no matter what Hannity and the rest of the right wing mutants say.

Release the Memo!
    weak game Schiff is playing...BTW...has he been on the hot line to Russia lately?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 05:03
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    weak game Schiff is playing...BTW...has he been on the hot line to Russia lately?
    Where's your "Release the Memo" fever now?

Either neither or both should be released. It's unprecedented for a Congressional Committee to refuse to release a minority response to a majority claims. The Republicans should not have made a bunch of misleading claims that had to be refuted using sensitive materials - the American People deserve the entire picture.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 08:20
    Republikunt hypocrisy?
    Surely not!
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 15:421 edit
    Where's your "Release the Memo" fever now?

Either neither or both should be released. It's unprecedented for a Congressional Committee to refuse to release a minority response to a majority claims. The Republicans should not have made a bunch of misleading claims that had to be refuted using sensitive materials - the American People deserve the entire picture.
    Do you think information that exposes sources and methods should be released?

The Grassley/Graham memo addresses your concerns.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 16:011 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Do you think information that exposes sources and methods should be released?

The Grassley/Graham memo addresses your concerns.
    31 Jan '18 20:03
    I assume you support the release of the Democratic memo showing the omissions and errors of the Nunes' memo at the same time. After all, it's all about the "transparency".

Mott: I want ALL the info out there.

Remember that?

It seems like the only information you really want out is what the Republicans want to hand us.

If the only way to get an accurate picture of the justification for the Carter Page surveillance is to "expose sources and methods" then the Nunes' memo should never have been released since FBI chief Wray said it left out facts which materially affected its accuracy. Obviously those facts were sensitive, so Nunes was trying to game the system.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:044 edits

Release the Memo!
    After reading the memo Dims and the FBI protested being released by Trump, I am still at a loss to see how any of that was classified material. The Dims and their cronies in the FBI were simply upset that such information showed how corrupt the system actually is.

The bottom line is using the memo for political purposes. Both sides only care about slinging poo and scoring political points and not holding accountable those corrupt officials who are abusing the system.

Besides, neither side gives a damn about having classified material becoming public. If they did, Hillary would be in jail.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:11
    Originally posted by @whodey
    After reading the memo Dims and the FBI protested being released by Trump, I am still at a loss to see how any of that was classified material. The Dims and their cronies in the FBI were simply upset that such information showed how corrupt the system actually is.

The bottom line is using the memo for political purposes. Both sides only care about sling ...[text shortened]... a damn about having classified material becoming public. If they did, Hillary would be in jail.
    Jesus, you're a one note symphony. I'm not going to bother with the HRC nonsense anywhere; you know you're full of s**t on it by now.

Where is this "corruption"? The surveillance of Carter Page was surely justified based on what we publicly know. Some FBI agents and sources not liking Trump isn't "corruption".
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:251 edit
    Jesus, you're a one note symphony. I'm not going to bother with the HRC nonsense anywhere; you know you're full of s**t on it by now.

Where is this "corruption"? The surveillance of Carter Page was surely justified based on what we publicly know. Some FBI agents and sources not liking Trump isn't "corruption".
    So what did Carter Page do that made him a Russian spy and why is he not in jail?

Enough slinging poo. Either there is guilt or there is a witch hunt.

Let's see some heads roll or I will just roll my eyes as you prosecute political adversaries for personal gain.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:33
    So what did Carter Page do that made him a Russian spy and why is he not in jail?

Enough slinging poo. Either there is guilt or there is a witch hunt.

Let's see some heads roll or I will just roll my eyes as you prosecute political adversaries for personal gain.
    Carter Page didn't have to be a "spy" to be the subject of an FISA warrant as I already explained to you. All he had to be was a "probable foreign agent" and that does not necessarily mean a "spy".

I would dig up the post where I got the legal definition of a "foreign agent" but you've already read it and don't care because it gets in the way of your partisan propaganda.

I realize the right wing propaganda mill now has Mueller, a lifelong Republican, as the leader of a "partisan" witch hunt against blameless Republicans but even you should realize that is ridiculous.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:39
    Here it's in your "Carter Page FISA Warrant" thread:

A foreign agent isn't necessarily, and usually isn't, a spy:

as provided in subsection (d) of this section, the term “agent of a foreign principal” means—
    (1) any person who acts as an agent, representative, employee, or servant, or any person who acts in any other capacity at the order, request, or under the direction or control, of a foreign principal or of a person any of whose activities are directly or indirectly supervised, directed, controlled, financed, or subsidized in whole or in major part by a foreign principal, and who directly or through any other person—
    (i) engages within the United States in political activities for or in the interests of such foreign principal;
    (ii) acts within the United States as a public relations counsel, publicity agent, information-service employee or political consultant for or in the interests of such foreign principal;
    (iii) within the United States solicits, collects, disburses, or dispenses contributions, loans, money, or other things of value for or in the interest of such foreign principal; or
    (iv) within the United States represents the interests of such foreign principal before any agency or official of the Government of the United States; and
    (2) any person who agrees, consents, assumes or purports to act as, or who is or holds himself out to be, whether or not pursuant to contractual relationship, an agent of a foreign principal as defined in clause (1) of this subsection.
    (d) The term “agent of a foreign principal” does not include any news or press service or association organized under the laws of the United States or of any State or other place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, or any newspaper, magazine, periodical, or other publication for which there is on file with the United States Postal Service information in compliance with section 3611 [2] of title 39, published in the United States, solely by virtue of any bona fide news or journalistic activities, including the solicitation or acceptance of advertisements, subscriptions, or other compensation therefor, so long as it is at least 80 per centum beneficially owned by, and its officers and directors, if any, are citizens of the United States, and such news or press service or association, newspaper, magazine, periodical, or other publication, is not owned, directed, supervised, controlled, subsidized, or financed, and none of its policies are determined by any foreign principal defined in subsection (b) of this section, or by any agent of a foreign principal required to register under this subchapter;

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/611
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 17:53

The bottom line is using the memo for political purposes. Both sides only care about sling ...[text shortened]... a damn about having classified material becoming public. If they did, Hillary would be in jail.
    Many the road that leads to Rome.

All this whining and crying and attempting to split hairs on details so minor the rest of the world’s went back to masturbating over figure skating at the olympics.

Let me sum up how bloody stupid you sound:
    There is a serious investigation into corruption and collusion with foreign governments, the US election system and it may even involve the president.
    People in the investigion have already admitted to serious breaches of trust.

And you are worried about the FBI’s aquisiton of the proper documents to do the investigation. An aquisition which has proven to be useful!

Yes. The police have to adhere to procedures. The world agrees with you.
    But... in cesspit of matters, it seems like a moot point which can be looked into after the more serious issue has been resolved.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:051 edit
    Carter Page didn't have to be a "spy" to be the subject of an FISA warrant as I already explained to you. All he had to be was a "probable foreign agent" and that does not necessarily mean a "spy".

I would dig up the post where I got the legal definition of a "foreign agent" but you've already read it and don't care because it gets in the way of your ...[text shortened]... rtisan" witch hunt against blameless Republicans but even you should realize that is ridiculous.
    So can anyone be suspected of being a foreign agent?

What is the criteria or can they just pick political opponents at will?

For example, could Obama be suspected of being a foreign agent when he gave Russia access to all that uranium?

In fact, could Obama really be Putin in drag?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 18:07
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Many the road that leads to Rome.

All this whining and crying and attempting to split hairs on details so minor the rest of the world’s went back to masturbating over figure skating at the olympics.

Let me sum up how bloody stupid you sound:
    There is a serious investigation into corruption and collusion with foreign governments, the US election sys ...[text shortened]... seems like a moot point which can be looked into after the more serious issue has been resolved.
    Governments collude all the time Shav. The US has even tried to influence foreign elections abroad.

Wakey, wakey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree