1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 19:55
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/democrats-explicitly-call-out-gop-for-sabotaging-the-economic-recovery.php?ref=fpblg
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:05
    Haha. Republicans opposing a tax cut... because it's only short-term.

You would have thought they would have opposed the Bush tax cuts for the same reasons.

Regardless, I think neither party in Congress appreciates the unfortunate fact that lowering unemployment and reducing the deficit aren't likely going to be accomplished at the same time.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:20
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Haha. Republicans opposing a tax cut... because it's only short-term.

You would have thought they would have opposed the Bush tax cuts for the same reasons.

Regardless, I think neither party in Congress appreciates the unfortunate fact that lowering unemployment and reducing the deficit aren't likely going to be accomplished at the same time.
    I don't think Boehner and his ilk care if the nation's economy collapses. If you're rich and know what you're doing such a collapse won't cause you too many problems (of course if you don't know what you're doing it's different).
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:25
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/democrats-explicitly-call-out-gop-for-sabotaging-the-economic-recovery.php?ref=fpblg
    Congressional Republicans have a long history of blowing the federal coffers on wars, corporate welfare and tax cuts for quadrillionaires when a Republican is in the White House, and then shrugging open-handed with a "puzzled chimp" expression on their faces and their empty pockets turned out when a Democratic president attempts to fix the mess and keep social services solvent.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:27
    Apparently Tom DeLay, Boehner's predecessor as GOP House Majority Leader, resigned in disgrace due to a money laundering/campaign finance scandal. This was only seven years ago...and Boehner was in the House at the time...
  6. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't think Boehner and his ilk care if the nation's economy collapses.
    That's because any notion that it might is a liberal myth, obviously.

"Default? Who, the U.S.? Yeah, right."
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 20:51
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Actually, the only way this country has ever burned off huge deficits was through economic expansion - the increase in revenue-producing transactions. Cuts do not reduce deficits in a recessionary situation where it has a negative stimulus effect. The Republicans know this. They don't care.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 22:45
    So apparently Weiner must have tweeted his balls to fellow Democrats in Congress. News at 11.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 23:46
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    LOL

Now all of a sudden the Dems think that tax cuts stimulate the economy...

It cuts both ways, gentlemen.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 00:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    LOL

Now all of a sudden the Dems think that tax cuts stimulate the economy...

It cuts both ways, gentlemen.
    Payroll tax cuts stimulate the economy, because you only benefit if you hire. Right now the investing class is sitting on the largest pile of cash in history, but they aren't investing in jobs. The science is over with regard to supply side economics. It's failed now twice.

Democrats have always pushed for payroll tax cuts. Those are by definition progressive.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 00:04
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    So apparently Weiner must have tweeted his balls to fellow Democrats in Congress. News at 11.
    Or they got them from their beer.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree