1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 10:001 edit
    Orrin Hatch has served 38 years in the Senate. Many of his fellow GOP senators of served at least 15-20 years. If the GOP is so against "big government" why do the spend so much time in....government??

http://news.yahoo.com/senator-who-hopes-to-forge-bipartisan-deals-gets-rock-star-reception-032325844.html
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 01:50
    Originally posted by bill718
    Orrin Hatch has served 38 years in the Senate. Many of his fellow GOP senators of served at least 15-20 years. If the GOP is so against "big government" why do the spend so much time in....government??

http://news.yahoo.com/senator-who-hopes-to-forge-bipartisan-deals-gets-rock-star-reception-032325844.html
    Long service in Congress in steeped in both parties. The anti-federalists thought that terms for Senators and Congressmen were too long, but short terms (two years in the House) doesn't seem to curb incumbency.

Democrat John Dingell just retired as the longest serving Congressman, and his wife Debbie succeeded him.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 02:54
    Originally posted by bill718

Most Republicans are simply a different wing of the same political party that most Democrats belong.

This is why Obama passed the law allowing the government to send public funds into big the coffers of big business. At the same time the Republicans fully funded Obamacare for the entire year. Obamacare is simply another way to funnel public money into big business coffers.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 07:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Most Republicans are simply a different wing of the same political party that most Democrats belong.

This is why Obama passed the law allowing the government to send public funds into big the coffers of big business. At the same time the Republicans fully funded Obamacare for the entire year. Obamacare is simply another way to funnel public money into big business coffers.
    Not that I disagree with you, but what can 'the people' do about it? Or has the time for that boat already sailed?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 05:11
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Not that I disagree with you, but what can 'the people' do about it? Or has the time for that boat already sailed?
    What can the people do?

Primary every Republican that voted for Boner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree