1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 16:14
    Divisions within the House Republican Conference continue to widen as 19 conservatives clashed with party leadership Wednesday, killing Speaker Mike Johnson's proposal to advance reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in a 119-228 vote.

Had today's procedural vote to advance FISA reform passed, Congress would have moved closer toward retooling Section 702 of FISA, a provision allowing U.S. intelligence authorities to conduct warrantless surveillance on foreigners abroad. Johnson's bill would have introduced new safeguards to Section 702 data and criminalized the use of backdoor loopholes to collect such data. But - - It didn't happen as Republicans couldn't even agree with each other on what they want.

Do we really want these clowns running the country again? 🤔

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-just-killed-their-own-bill/ar-BB1lpKXP?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e5ed99f0dea34981bff9ff240db403cf&ei=13
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 16:56
    @mchill said
    Divisions within the House Republican Conference continue to widen as 19 conservatives clashed with party leadership Wednesday, killing Speaker Mike Johnson's proposal to advance reauthorization of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in a 119-228 vote.

Had today's procedural vote to advance FISA reform passed, Congress would have moved closer toward retooling S ...[text shortened]... -killed-their-own-bill/ar-BB1lpKXP?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e5ed99f0dea34981bff9ff240db403cf&ei=13
    This is a pattern. They already did it with immigration.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 18:38
    @wildgrass
    Who the FUK are these people anyway? Aliens masquerading as humans?
    They don't sound like real Americans too me. More like Putin imports, just like Trump.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Apr '24 20:34
    @mchill

Republicans suck. those idiots couldn't run a parade
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 01:501 edit
    The next Democratic-majority House will have its hands full steering the country back to the correct track after the clown show that was the Republican-controlled House.

And they'll be well-advised to do it without the fanfare and confetti that this House requires on everything.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 05:42
    @Suzianne
    It does show how important our votes are, they not only elect a POTUS but also the judges and SCOTUS members of the future and it is going to take decades to weed out the right wingers in SCOTUS.
    We shall see just how crooked they are come the 26th of April when they start debating the so called immunity defense of Trump. Anyone with half a brain can see there is no there there but with Clarence Thomas and his buddies, you never know.
    They may throw Trump under the bus but not out of distaste for Trump but to avoid giving such immunity to present and future Democrat presidents, just my opinion. Thomas should in a normal universe recuse himself but of course that would never happen even with his wife screaming stolen elections and she goes "I never discussed that with Clarence'' Sure, and I have a GREAT bridge for sale in NYC. No conflict of interest, nothing to see here folks go back home.....
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 05:50
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @mchill

Couldn’t get laid in a brothel.
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 11:12
    @mchill said

Had today's procedural vote to advance FISA reform passed, Congress would have moved closer toward retooling S ...[text shortened]... -killed-their-own-bill/ar-BB1lpKXP?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e5ed99f0dea34981bff9ff240db403cf&ei=13
    Hakeem Jefferies is now offering Dem support to preserve Johnson as Speaker if he will only 'do the right thing' and bring Ukraine aid to a vote!

Can't make this stuff up...
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 11:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @mchill

Couldn’t get drunk in a bar.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 12:46
    @spruce112358 said
    Hakeem Jefferies is now offering Dem support to preserve Johnson as Speaker if he will only 'do the right thing' and bring Ukraine aid to a vote!

Can't make this stuff up...
    it is democrat vs republican vs deepstate

when will you people ever understand that?
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 15:10
    @mott-the-hoople said
    it is democrat vs republican vs deepstate

when will you people ever understand that?
    You people?

I dunno, your deep state is awfully elusive. Reptoid-like. They all escaped to Mars during the eclipse?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree