1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 15:311 edit
    @teinosuke said
    Well, yes, that's their current, and diminishing sector of appeal. Perhaps they should start appealing to a wider range of people?
    Again, doing so contradicts their core ideologies. If the KKK is concerned about declining membership, you don't advise them to start widening their appeal. They need to eliminate to their culture altogether.
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 15:312 edits
    @vivify said
    Republican culture won't allow it. Progressive policies contradict their platform that appeal to the rich, the religious and the white nationalists.
    There is no GOP platform. They could try changing their culture towards actual governance instead of the culture war B.S. Historically, they've had popular support with the idea that small government and fiscal responsibility allows individuals to thrive. But while progressives were passing that huge spending bill conservatives were on twitter and Fox News for days ranting about Dr. Seuss, ignoring the spending spree and refusing to participate in the process. Wacko.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 16:15
    @Phranny
    Will the federal voter rights bill floating around now, if it passes and signed by Biden, will that stop the Georgia suppression?
    The one piece in that bill: You can't even give water or food to a person standing in line to vote. That is despicable and a cynical twist to this BULLSHTYE.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 17:32
    @Phranny

Yeah, Calvin's statement is a declaration of political bankruptcy.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 18:58
    @vivify said
    Again, doing so contradicts their core ideologies. If the KKK is concerned about declining membership, you don't advise them to start widening their appeal. They need to eliminate to their culture altogether.
    Well said. TU from me.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 19:26
    @moonbus
    I notice there have been no posts from the ultrarightwingnuts here.
    Considering the republican laws are indefensible.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 19:29
    @sonhouse said
    @moonbus
    I notice there have been no posts from the ultrarightwingnuts here.
    Considering the republican laws are indefensible.
    "People who work late on Tuesdays should not be able to vote because....."

Sorry, I got nothing. Maybe they want to conserve electricity by shutting off the lights in the polling place an hour earlier?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 20:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 21:02
    @wildgrass
    Sure, that and they want to restrict the number of democrats voting. I think that tactic will backfire on those republican jerks.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 21:59
    @sonhouse
    HR1 is the single most important bill to save our democracy.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 22:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 23:19
    @Phranny
    If it passes and gets Biden's signature will HR1 block the Georgia and other states voting suppression tactics?
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 02:13
    @sonhouse said
    @Phranny
    If it passes and gets Biden's signature will HR1 block the Georgia and other states voting suppression tactics?
    I believe HR1 would make all or many of the disenfranchisement efforts of the GOP unconstitutional.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 09:181 edit
    @phranny said
    @sonhouse
    HR1 is the single most important bill to save our democracy.
    It'll be a hard sell in the Senate and may get watered down if it passes at all. But, with enough pork barrel benefits to key states (such as ones which lost electrical power because of a cold snap), it might just squeak through.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 15:26
    @phranny said
    I believe HR1 would make all or many of the disenfranchisement efforts of the GOP unconstitutional.
    Illegal, not unconstitutional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree