republicans vs. conservatives

republicans vs. conservatives

Debates

l

Moves
15 Jun 07

Republicans are having a hard time lately of keeping the conservative talk show host/viewers happy. First O'Rielly then Laura Ingraham now Hannity. These folks are mad... and their periodic tirades are becoming more frequent.

This is apparently going both ways. Republican Trent Lott recently stated that "talk radio is running the country" when discussing the lack of support for the amnesty bill.

I am interested to see how this gets sorted out.

M
Steamin transies

Moves
15 Jun 07

Originally posted by lepomis
Republicans are having a hard time lately of keeping the conservative talk show host/viewers happy. First O'Rielly then Laura Ingraham now Hannity. These folks are mad... and their periodic tirades are becoming more frequent.

This is apparently going both ways. Republican Trent Lott recently stated that "talk radio is running the country" when discu ...[text shortened]... the lack of support for the amnesty bill.

The Republicans are about to be reminded that the conservatives don't vote for Republicans just becuase of party affiliation.

Expect to see some primary battles.

h

Moves
15 Jun 07

This is apparently going both ways. Republican Trent Lott recently stated that "talk radio is running the country" when discu ...[text shortened]... the lack of support for the amnesty bill.

What Trent is getting wrong is that talk radio isn't running the country. It's where the news that the traditional media fails to report is heard. Conservatives, moderates, and even some liberals are pissed off at what's going on with the illegals. It's time to clean house of politicians that act in their best interest and not the countries.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
16 Jun 07

Thank goodness for Conservative talk shows. If it wasn't for them we would be brainwashed buffoons like most Libs. Trent Lott is an idiot. He reminds me of a grinning used car salesman.

M
Steamin transies

Moves
16 Jun 07

Originally posted by slimjim
Thank goodness for Conservative talk shows. If it wasn't for them we would be brainwashed buffoons like most Libs. Trent Lott is an idiot. He reminds me of a grinning used car salesman.
Lott is a fine example of the Peter Principle. (we rise to the level of our own incompetence)

He could have been someone important in DC if he didn't insist on making a moron out of himself on an annual basis.

CS

Moves
16 Jun 07

Lott's remarks are most remarkable. Basically, he is complaining that American citizens are engaged in the political process!!! Imagine that! How dare we voters express an opinion on important issues of the day.

Unbelievable.

I do hope this will be the final straw to break the weak-kneed GOP. Time to sweep out all these "blue blood" (i.e., elitist) RINOs and replace them with real conservatives.

D
Mr. Bombastic

Ogden, Ut

Moves
16 Jun 07

The talk show pundits are the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to the Republicans. Of course, they have the ability to whip a million people into a blood frenzy and make them vote Republican, but the negative long term effects outweight the good short term effects. Most people now see these pundits for what they really are: douchebags who are making money by deepening the divide between conservatives and liberals.

Unfortunately, the Democrats have their own form of asshats. Olberman does the exact same thing that O'Reilly does. It seems like everything he does is critical of the Bush administration and he is only doing it because it will earn him more viewers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.