RHP Supreme Court

RHP Supreme Court

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by kmax87
..this whole thread is totally bogus and unrepresentative. i mean no-one has bothered to mention moi.....
nobody has mentioned you as neither positive or negative example. there is a silver lining in here depending on what you put emphasis

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
That thought did give me pause, but I thought he could be the one who talks about wise Latinas and things like that.
LOL!

ATY can be Sotomayor.

See. It fits perfectly!

😀

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

If I were President of RHP (and I admit that no one's elected or even proposed me yet), then I'd nominate to the supreme court (in alphabetical order) FMF, generalissimo, KazetNagorra, melanerpes, no1marauder, palynka, sh76, A Thousand Young and twhitehead. These are all posters who seem to think before they write and are amenable to evidence, which seems lebots and whodeys of this world will do the best to derail the confirmation process anyway.
I was elected to judge a contest once and I realized I have zero interest in putting in the time necessary. I will have to recuse myself.

Anyway, I'm a Loyalist.

T

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by kmax87
..this whole thread is totally bogus and unrepresentative. i mean no-one has bothered to mention moi.....
Kmax87, ATY has refused to serve. As (self-appointed) President of RHP, I am officially empowered to offer you the post of junior Supreme Court justice...

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

The other question is who should be Chief Justice?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Oct 10

KellyJay? 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Oct 10

bbarr is the obvious choice.

B

Moves
11 Oct 10

I nominate Brother Edwin, the 7 edits he always needs show that he has put time and effort into his posts.

g

Pepperland

Moves
11 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
I only dabble in the microcosm of the rhp debates forum. Most here seem somewhat more educated that the shlubs on the slag pile, and well with an election cycle coming soon I pondered the possibility of rhp creating a "micro nation". Could the personas of rhp get together and create a document and rivaling the US Constitution? Could they elect a ord; six attended Harvard. Does that seem representative of the US? Should that be an issue?
I'd say the best choice for "RHP president" would be sh76. As for the nine "supreme forum justices" I'd nominate myself, teinosuke, DRkf, utherpendragon, whodey, melanerpes, wajoma, kmax87, and No1. Certainly this would provide some sort of balance.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
I'd say the best choice for "RHP president" would be sh76. As for the nine "supreme forum justices" I'd nominate myself, teinosuke, DRkf, utherpendragon, whodey, melanerpes, wajoma, kmax87, and No1. Certainly this would provide some sort of balance.
Wow. I'm honored. Thank you.

My first act, a la King Henry VIII, will be to separate debates from the RHP message boards community and throw off the yoke of supervision by Russ and the mods. I will then make everyone swear an oath of loyalty to my kingdom on pain of being found guilty of high treason.

Anyone who disagrees is hereby sentenced to be hung, drawn and quartered, though if you're lucky (like, say, Thomas More), I'll commute the sentence to beheading.

I'll bet you thought the power wouldn't go to my head until I actually had it. 🙂

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Oct 10
2 edits

Here's my list.

CHIEF prn (drafted against his will) or bbarr

OTHERS no1, generalissimo, terrierjack, melenarpes, sh76, rwingett, usaparatrooper, Bosse de Nage

Honorable mention: FMF - but he'd just filibuster everything and troll the other judges for fun.

EDIT

teinosuke, DRkf, kmax87

Good choices G.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76

My first act, a la King Henry VIII, will be to separate debates from the RHP message boards community and throw off the yoke of supervision by Russ and the mods. I will then make everyone swear an oath of loyalty to my kingdom on pain of being found guilty of high treason.

Anyone who disagrees is hereby sentenced to be hung, d ...[text shortened]...

I'll bet you thought the power wouldn't go to my head until I actually had it. 🙂
Oh, I knew. I felt fear in my heart at the thought of the Anglo oppressor or an ally of his getting the top post. 😳

T

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
Thanks for the nomination, generalissimo; if I hadn't already declared myself President I'd be delighted to serve on your supreme court! Although wajoma and I might waste a fair bit of time shouting at each other across the benches.

And yes, if I were persuaded that I should resign my high office, sh76 would make a fine President, although perhaps we'd need to find him a slightly pro-Arab foreign secretary for balance (not scherzo, I hasten to add).

I wonder though if the best RHP President in the sense of being "a uniter, not a divider" would be melanerpes.

T

Moves
11 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
OTHERS no1, generalissimo, terrierjack, melenarpes, sh76, rwingett, usaparatrooper, Bosse de Nage
Good that you mentioned USArmyParatrooper; I'd overlooked him since (I think) he hasn't been posting as much lately. He is a very civilised and reasonable debater, so I think I should find him a place on my court too. Pity I already filled up nine places. Perhaps I'll have to attempt a court-packing scheme a la Roosevelt in the 1930s.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
11 Oct 10

Originally posted by sh76

Anyone who disagrees is hereby sentenced to be hung, d ...[text shortened]...

Hmmm, is that hope or change I'm feeling?