1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 07:43
    “It’s Time For All Of Us Left And Right To Ban Against The Ruling Class”

YouTube&t=64s

Wise up people. The ruling class has manipulated you both. Time to find common ground instead of fighting each other over stupid rhetoric.
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 08:16
    @metal-brain said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=labp1naU-10&t=64s

Wise up people. The ruling class has manipulated you both. Time to find common ground instead of fighting each other over stupid rhetoric.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 09:272 edits
    @metal-brain said

I agree that both are flawed but it's too lazy to simply dismiss both as equally wrong.

One side clearly favors the ruling class and gives lavish tax breaks and power to that ruling class. Take a wild guess which side that is?
  4. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 09:461 edit
    @metal-brain said

This all sounds fine, but this lady is a bit short on details on how to make all this happen. Mitch McConnell is not going to stop being influenced by oil and coal companies, anymore than Nancy Pelosi is going to stop being influenced by environmental groups, - and neither are those coming after these two in the future. There have been a number movements to stop the influence of special interest groups in our lawmaking process since the 1960's , all of which have died, stillborn in closed door committee meetings, and manipulative language, quietly tucked away amid the thousands of pages of text that make up our lawmaking process .

I agree with her thought that competing media groups profit handsomely by telling each side that the other is to blame for the nation's problems, but until enough people are willing to turn off the TV, and stop sneaking peeks at their corresponding websites and start thinking for themselves, it's just not going to happen.

This young lady did a good job at assessing the problem, and I appreciate her sincerity, but this has been tried many times in the past. The devil is in the details, and making her vision a reality is going to require a lot more detailed planning and execution than simply "banning together"
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 10:01
    @mchill said
    This all sounds fine, but this lady is a bit short on details on how to make all this happen. Mitch McConnell is not going to stop being influenced by oil companies, anymore than Nancy Pelosi is going to stop being influenced by environmental groups - and neither are those coming after these two in the future. There have been a number movements to stop the influence of special ...[text shortened]... eality is going to require a lot more detailed planning and execution than simply "banning together"
    I agree with most of what you wrote, but I don't think U.S. television is completely to blame. I've noticed that people with certain personalities will naturally gravitate toward shows with bias.

Fox News doesn't make people more biased, it only feeds bias of people looking to reinforce their beliefs. For example, Fox News had a significant drop in ratings after declaring Trump lost Arizona. Those Fox viewers were angry that their bias wasn't reinforced. If they were simply innocent sheep being manipulated by a network, they would've accepted Fox News stating Trump lost Arizona; and they wouldn't attack the rare few Fox anchors like Shep Smith who actually criticized Trump.

So while I understand your "turn off the news" statement, that's not the problem. The issue is American culture that fosters everything the OP is attacking. White conservative Christians are the largest demographic in America; it's this group, more than any other, that's responsible for giving power to the ruling class in America.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 11:10
    @mchill
    Do you think Pelosi's husband made his money off of environmental groups?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:09
    @vivify said
    I agree that both are flawed but it's too lazy to simply dismiss both as equally wrong.

One side clearly favors the ruling class and gives lavish tax breaks and power to that ruling class. Take a wild guess which side that is?
    Both.
    They are both equally wrong. Not about every single issue, but in general.
    If you understood politics well you would know that.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts. Biden did the same with Trump's tax cuts.

YouTube

It is painfully obvious the US is a plutocracy and which political party is benefiting the rich makes no difference to them. How is Biden different than Trump in policy only?

YouTube

You were duped and it was easy for them. That is because you wanted to believe it.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."

Eric Hoffer
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:16
    @vivify said
    I agree with most of what you wrote, but I don't think U.S. television is completely to blame. I've noticed that people with certain personalities will naturally gravitate toward shows with bias.

Fox News doesn't make people more biased, it only feeds bias of people looking to reinforce their beliefs. For example, Fox News had a significant drop in ratings after declari ...[text shortened]... this group, more than any other, that's responsible for giving power to the ruling class in America.
    It is called seeking confirmation bias and you do that as well. I watch the corporate news media every day. Then I listen to Kim Iversen and Jimmy Dore. I suggest you do the same.

It just so happens Kim and Jimmy do a much better job cutting through the crap and finding the truth.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:18
    @mchill said
    This all sounds fine, but this lady is a bit short on details on how to make all this happen. Mitch McConnell is not going to stop being influenced by oil and coal companies, anymore than Nancy Pelosi is going to stop being influenced by environmental groups, - and neither are those coming after these two in the future. There have been a number movements to stop the influence ...[text shortened]... eality is going to require a lot more detailed planning and execution than simply "banning together"
    You are blaming others so you do not have to accept any blame.
    I am sensing that you simply don't want to change you political bias and you are making up poor excuses for it just like viv did.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 12:25
    @kquinn909 said
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule
    I'm pleased you understand.

Both sides are being played against one another like 2 slaves fighting each other while their slave masters laugh. That just helps the slave master believe he rules over the inferior because they are too stupid to ever run things. That is how the elites view the common people, too stupid to know what is best.

They need us because they are too stupid to rule. That is what the elites think.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 15:25
    @metal-brain said
    It is called seeking confirmation bias and you do that as well. I watch the corporate news media every day. Then I listen to Kim Iversen and Jimmy Dore. I suggest you do the same.

It just so happens Kim and Jimmy do a much better job cutting through the crap and finding the truth.
    Jimmy Dore is another right-wing partisan hack. He frequently has far-right guests on his shows and defends Trump just like any other right-winger.

If I have to recommend a right-winger, it would be Crystal Ball of the Hill. So far, she seems to be the most fair-minded right-winger I know of.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 15:45
    @vivify said
    Jimmy Dore is another right-wing partisan hack. He frequently has far-right guests on his shows and defends Trump just like any other right-winger.

If I have to recommend a right-winger, it would be Crystal Ball of the Hill. So far, she seems to be the most fair-minded right-winger I know of.
    You are wrong again.

Jimmy Dore is a left winger and most of the guests on his show are left wingers. Dore even bought into the man made global warming theory that I strongly disagree with. It is one of the few things I disagree with him about. He is not a partisan hack either. He criticizes Trump and Biden both much like I do.

You did too much assuming. Get back to reality.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 16:47
    @metal-brain said
    I'm pleased you understand.

Both sides are being played against one another like 2 slaves fighting each other while their slave masters laugh. That just helps the slave master believe he rules over the inferior because they are too stupid to ever run things. That is how the elites view the common people, too stupid to know what is best.

They need us because they are too stupid to rule. That is what the elites think.
    I know what the elites think, snd its not that.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:31
    @metal-brain said
    You are wrong again.

Jimmy Dore is a left winger and most of the guests on his show are left wingers. Dore even bought into the man made global warming theory that I strongly disagree with. It is one of the few things I disagree with him about. He is not a partisan hack either. He criticizes Trump and Biden both much like I do.

You did too much assuming. Get back to reality.
    No, I've watched Dore. He's a right-wing hack. By no stretch of the imagination is that guy "left-wing".

If merely believing in global warming makes someone "left-wing" to you, then you are exactly the extremist we all thought you were.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '21 17:51
    @vivify said
    No, I've watched Dore. He's a right-wing hack. By no stretch of the imagination is that guy "left-wing".

If merely believing in global warming makes someone "left-wing" to you, then you are exactly the extremist we all thought you were.
    You are a liar. He is a leftist progressive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree