Roe V Wade overturned

Roe V Wade overturned

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 22

The guy who passed the test now has his DNA records in the hands of the State through no fault of his own.

What if women start claiming celebrities are the father just for the lols?

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
24 Jun 22

@athousandyoung said
The potential slippery slope here is to what extent do we want the State to force men to take paternity tests?

The same “freedom loving pro life” rich men who dominate politics are also opposed to the State forcing them to do anything…including gathering their genetic data.
Just Googling and came up with this:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/paternity-test-laws.html

This bit seems to address it, though I have no idea how often it plays out like this in real life:

Can Potential Fathers Refuse to Take Paternity Tests?

The law cannot force a paternity test. This means that a potential father can refuse to submit to testing, even after the mother, child, and other potential fathers have been tested. However, the refusal is not without penalty. When a woman files a lawsuit seeking to establish paternity, the court orders the man to submit to testing. A man’s refusal to be tested can constitute contempt of court.

Contempt of court is punishable by jail time and fines. In addition, a man who refuses to take the test, and otherwise fails to respond to the lawsuit, can have a default judgment taken against them. A default judgment is one that automatically gives a plaintiff (in this case, the mother) the remedy they sought. Remedies include payment of child support. This means that, if a man refuses to submit to paternity testing, the court may order the man to make child support payments.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 22
1 edit

https://www.top10.com/dna-testing/10-celebrities-who-took-paternity-tests

Another celebrity caught in the courtroom wrangle for a paternity test is Keanu Reeves, famously known for starring in The Matrix. Even though Reeves made it clear that he’d never met Karen Sala, she continued to claim that he fathered a child with her. Shortly after that, he consented to the paternity test that made it clear he wasn’t the father.

But that didn’t stop Karen Sala. She not only labeled the test flawed but insisted that Reeves take a 2nd test. Over the years, she made claims of $3 million and $150,000 for spousal and child support.

Back in 2011, when Justin Bieber had just started to make a name for himself, a woman named Mariah Yeater claimed that he fathered her 3-month-old child. She slapped a paternity lawsuit on him despite the pop sensation publicly voicing he’d never seen her. The DNA paternity test confirmed he wasn’t the father, and he later wrote a song titled Maria that condemned her defamatory claims.

Shortly following the paternity test, the news reported that Yeater had fabricated the whole story to make some quick cash. This was revealed by her ex-lover Robert Powell, who also happened to be in jail at the time.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sleepyguy said
Just Googling and came up with this:

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/paternity-test-laws.html

This bit seems to address it, though I have no idea how often it plays out like this in real life:

Can Potential Fathers Refuse to Take Paternity Tests?

The law cannot force a paternity test. This means that a potential father can refuse to submit ...[text shortened]... refuses to submit to paternity testing, the court may order the man to make child support payments.
You seem to be fairly well off.

I think you knocked up my sister. Be prepared to be tested. You could refuse of course…but my sister will get your money if you do.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
24 Jun 22

@athousandyoung said
You seem to be fairly well off.

I think you knocked up my sister. Be prepared to be tested. You could refuse of course…but my sister will get your money if you do.
OK, where do you want this?

Problem solved.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 22
1 edit

@sleepyguy said
OK, where do you want this?

Problem solved.
Oops guess it’s not you.

Must have been Ted Cruz.

(My buddy who has a government job is putting together a DNA database of rich men)

Ooh somehow your insurance got hold of your DNA records and the price of your insurance has gone up because they identified some risk factors.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sleepyguy said
Well, there's an upside to that too.

https://www.winmarketresearch.com/home/goods/detail/id/1867176.html
Until, with the current disrespect for women, and the creation of the American Taliban, how long before this is outlawed?

NOT a facetious question at all.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sh76 said
No policy can be sustained without substantial support from women. In places where abortion is restricted or outlawed in the US, a substantial share of women in that area agree with that policy. Maybe not a majority, but a substantial minority. Women are over 50% of the vote. No policy can pass without substantial support from women in the location.
With a stuffed Supreme Court, that doesn't matter at all, does it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sh76 said
No policy can be sustained without substantial support from women. In places where abortion is restricted or outlawed in the US, a substantial share of women in that area agree with that policy. Maybe not a majority, but a substantial minority. Women are over 50% of the vote. No policy can pass without substantial support from women in the location.
Most of the women who support abolishing Roe v. Wade are past childbearing age.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sleepyguy said
OK. I'm certainly in favor of requiring fathers to support their offspring.
Laws doing just that have been on the books a long time.

Enforcement is feeble at best.

m

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sleepyguy said
You left out the best part...

Man then decides he's a woman and kicks woman's ass in sports. Yay men!
Start another thread on this, spanky !!
And don't forget to dress up.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
24 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Laws doing just that have been on the books a long time.

Enforcement is feeble at best.
OK we should just kill babies then.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
24 Jun 22

@suzianne said
Most of the women who support abolishing Roe v. Wade are past childbearing age.
So the wiser ones then.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
24 Jun 22

@sleepyguy said
OK we should just kill babies then.
Nobody is killing babies.

Grow up.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves