Romney Burned By His Lies

Romney Burned By His Lies

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
05 Nov 12
1 edit

Honest question to Romney supporters: after seeing this video, how could you possibly still vote for him?

&feature=player_embedded#!

Moves
05 Nov 12

That was a huge screw up. If you're the business candidate, you don't want GM and Chrysler releasing press statements calling you a liar.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by vivify
Honest question to Romney supporters: after seeing this video, how could you possibly still vote for him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zax-iuCXcWQ&feature=player_embedded#!
Do you really think that one wrong statement on the campaign trail is the reason people are going to switch their vote?

K

Germany

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by sh76
Do you really think that one wrong statement on the campaign trail is the reason people are going to switch their vote?
Apparently not even insulting your own voters is enough to make them change their minds.

E

Moves
05 Nov 12

I think Romney is going to get a lot of the anyone but Obama vote.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Nov 12

My impression is that for republicans, lying is part of the culture and expected of their candidates. They seem to revel in it.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
My impression is that for republicans, lying is part of the culture and expected of their candidates. They seem to revel in it.
🙄

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
05 Nov 12

Obama abandoned four American diplomats to die and lied about that. And you don't care.

Funny - we talk about issues and principles, and you talk about us. And attack us. Well, you'll get that revenge on me that Obama wants for you tomorrow.

Very presidential of him, and very high-minded of you.

rain

Moves
05 Nov 12

It's a lie, when you continue using information you know is wrong, like Romney did.

d

Moves
05 Nov 12

You must have uncanny observational skills to be able to judge people so accurately from a whole different continent.

rain

Moves
05 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by dryhump
You must have uncanny observational skills to be able to judge people so accurately from a whole different continent.
Yeah, it's not like we live in age where information travels quickly around the world or anything.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
05 Nov 12

Yeah, it's not like we live in age where information travels quickly around the world or anything.
It does travel fast, doesn't it? In fact, did you know that we can now broadcast video images in real time halfway around the world to the White House? And the people that occupy the White House can know when our diplomats are being attacked, and can launch a rescue mission to save them?

Oh...wait...we can't do all of that It takes brave men who love America to do that.

Moves
05 Nov 12

It wasn't just wrong statement. It was a very deliberate lie, and a huge lie.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
05 Nov 12

It's a lie, when you continue using information you know is wrong, like Romney did.
Is it a lie when you know that an American embassy is under a coordinated, planned terrorist attack, and you tell the American people (and the father of one of the dead) that the attack was based on an anti-Muslim video?

rain

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Is it a lie when you know that an American embassy is under a coordinated, planned terrorist attack, and you tell the American people (and the father of one of the dead) that the attack was based on an anti-Muslim video?
Yes. However, it would be a lie that Obama has nothing to gain from. There's no benefit for Obama; this must mean there was an honest mix-up somewhere.

Romney lied for personal gain, in the form of votes. This wasn't a mix-up, but a lie; the difference in these scenerios, is that one is obviously using deception to further his own goals, the other is not.